Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes?

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #21  
Don't forget you will want a set of couplings at the center so you can still take off your loader without removing your hoses.
good point however my loader is virtually always attaced so the extra time to pull back the hoses from the rear remotes would be negligible. for people that remove the loader more often definitely a good point, and its something you would utilise if you ever changed over to a 3rd fuction remote in the future anyway.

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #22  
My 80s M5030DT ran two 1/2” hoses from rear remotes to FEL front for grapple. Welded four double hydraulic line mounting blocks to support the lines. Protected the lines in nylon sleeve. Believe the lines were 12’ long. No problems for over twenty years. Newer tractors have factory 3rd function. With hand remote valve you could control grapple grip strength and speed easy. With the factory solenoid valves you have to bump the switch buttons and get more jerky control. Either way was plenty fast and worked well.

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #23  
My Kubota has one rear remote. It's dedicated to my hydraulic top link. So.. when I added the grapple I went with a 3rd function valve. Properly set up - the rear remote should operate a grapple just fine.

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #24  
MY JD 2030 has two rear SCVs, so it was the obvious choice for my grapple. It (the SCV) has detents for both open and close. Move the lever to detent and do something else while the grapple is opening or closing. Like curl or dump, change directions of the tractor, raise or lower the loader, etc.

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #25  
MY JD 2030 has two rear SCVs, so it was the obvious choice for my grapple. It (the SCV) has detents for both open and close. Move the lever to detent and do something else while the grapple is opening or closing. Like curl or dump, change directions of the tractor, raise or lower the loader, etc.
Hmmm. wondering what your flow rate is, and how many and how big the cylinders are on your grapple. My cycle time from full closed or full open to the other state is certainly less than a second. My flow rate is about 10 GPM, and I have a single cylinder.

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #26  
That would be incorrect. If your operating handle is convenient to use (like mine) it works very well, very rapidly and very conveniently. If your operating valve handle is inconvenient to use, I would see you point. But don't make generalizations, some of us are getting along very well with ours, and see no reason to change to any other method.
:rolleyes:
You have to take your hand off the loader valve handle, it takes at least twice as long for that reason alone.

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #27  

Forgot about the detent feature using the rear remote for grapple and that was handy feature not available on joy stick function 3rd function.

Some tractors have more ergonomically placed remote levers than others that needs consideration for grapple use. But if you already have remote(s) it saves a few $$$ over adding a 3rd function.

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #28  
:rolleyes:
You have to take your hand off the loader valve handle, it takes at least twice as long for that reason alone.
No you don't. my hand stays on the loader control joystick and my fingers operate the SCV. I am guessing you did not follow my thread for extending the SCV valve lever to accomplish that.

I am not saying operating your grapple from the SCV (rear remotes) is a great idea for all tractors, I am saying it is a great idea for a certain line of Kioti tractors like mine. If your rear remotes are by your side some other inconvenient location, it could very well be very inconvenient. With my setup and some others I have seen photos of it is VERY convenient.

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #29  
No you don't. my hand stays on the loader control joystick and my fingers operate the SCV. I am guessing you did not follow my thread for extending the SCV valve lever to accomplish that.

I am not saying operating your grapple from the SCV (rear remotes) is a great idea for all tractors, I am saying it is a great idea for a certain line of Kioti tractors like mine. If your rear remotes are by your side some other inconvenient location, it could very well be very inconvenient. With my setup and some others I have seen photos of it is VERY convenient.
I went back to 2016 in your created threads and didn’t notice it. Got a pic?

Last edited:
   / Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #30  
Hmmm. wondering what your flow rate is, and how many and how big the cylinders are on your grapple. My cycle time from full closed or full open to the other state is certainly less than a second. My flow rate is about 10 GPM, and I have a single cylinder.
I think around 9-10gpm. It has two cylinders, I am guessing 3" bore. I usually shift the tractor to reverse as the grapple opens (no reverser). I leave the clutch down until opened and dumped, then I ready to back away from the burn pile.
P1020271.JPG