Do I nitpick the Dealer?

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #1  

cooljoe00

Tractor
Kioti NX6010HST Cab
Alright, I hate to sit here nitpicking at things wrong; but I just got this tractor from the dealer about a week ago. I don't want to pester the dealer to the point where they want to just screw me over on future services or anything. The day the tractor arrived seemed to mark a downward spiral of issues. The tractor arrived with a dead battery(My guess is some left the ignition on) the jumped it and its been starting fine every time since. I had a second rear remote added to the tractor, and a backhoe added used only the backhoe across 3 days ~8-9hr total on the tractor(that after they broke it in for 10hrs). I found several leaks in the hydraulic lines, one looked like it was from the drain plug. Thankfully I found out it was leaking before I damaged something bad(I think the digging shook things loose). The windshield wiper fluid bottle was cracked on top, and the cap is gone. I was reading in the backhoe manual and it said that the plate around that wiper fluid bottle is supposed to be changed if a backhoe is added, does anyone know what it should look like if it was changed vs the one that is standard? Also I was hoping for replaceable teeth on the backhoe bucket. Now I forgot to double check when I order, but Kioti site said it was standard on all their KB2485(not the end of the world). I was surprised the the backhoe control levers did not have rubber boots around them, Apparently I got the 1 out 5 versions that didn't come with them(go figures). The backhoe seat wasn't fully attached right either. It took three weeks(not that I complaining about the wait) for the toothbar for the FEL to come in; but over week later and they still had not come out to put it one the tractor. The two pins that secure the backhoe subframe to the tractor mounting bracket where ground flat on one side to slide by the subframe crossbar; This didn't seem like something that should have needed to be done. I don't know if the wrong pins where given, or someone assembled something wrong. I just feel like someone should of looked this tractor once over and make sure thing were right. Just a little quality control goes a long way. Sorry this is long winded, Comments, Tips, Thoughts are all welcomed.

P.S. The tractor is now back at the dealer gonna see what they say about a lot of these problems/concerns.
Specs. Tractor is a NX6010 Cab HST, Backhoe KB2485, FEL KL6010.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #2  
For the price I'm sure you paid; they can make everything right.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #3  
I think your nitpicks are valid. I wasn't clear this was a new tractor but if so... then definitely. Just be nice when you lay it it all out there. I would write down the issues and give to the dealer rather than just verbally tell them. Good luck!

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer?
Yes, This was a new tractor. One of Employee(salesman or owner) at the dealership had order this tractor when it came in he saw it and decided to get a slightly smaller tractor or something to that effect. I was looking at a getting the NX5510 but they had a NX6010 on the lot, in hopes to get using it a little sooner and throw them a bone, we bought the one on the lot. (I don't think I'll ever do that again, shame really).

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #5  
I see no reason with a little friendly persuasion, that they should make this deal right. Talk to the manager/owner about your experience and findings and go from there while remaining polite. Hopefully he/she will reasonably accommodate you and fix your concerns. If not, you can always play the ***** card and tell them that you will be sure to explain to your friends and others on social media about your experience at their establishment. No one likes bad press.

That said, sounds like the corrections are cheap and easy for them to handle with little fuss.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #6  
get it fixed correctly.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #7  
Absolutely NOT nitpicking IMHO and I am not a particularly picky person about these things.

Is this a very small dealership? They may not have the knowledge to assemble the tractor. Hopefully, you didn't buy a great model tractor from from a crummy dealer.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #8  
When buying a new tractor or anything "new", I would expect it to be like new and assembled correctly. That is what you paid for.

(that after they broke it in for 10hrs)
How long did they have it on their lot? Sounds like they used it as a demonstrator. And a dead battery upon delivery. They should have given you a new battery. Once fully discharged that batter's life span has been shortened.

Given a chance to make things right, the dealer will prove to be reputable or someone to avoid in the future.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #9  
I don't understand how a battery can be dead on arrival. It had to run to get it on the trailer.

None of those seem concerns like nitpicking issues. I would make sure they get every taken care of.

Mechanics take shortcuts now and then if it is easier and may skip putting parts on. I bought a new JD CUT with FEL. After a few months of usage I notice some hydraulic hoses rubbing the hood. After a little investigation I found the dealer skipped a few clamps and tie straps to keep everything bundles and secure to the frame. I called them and they sent the parts out and I bet they had a big pile of them from not being used.

Don't feel bad about the dealer because they get paid to make sure everything is 100% on arrival, even if it takes a few tries to get it right.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #10  
When I buy something new from a dealer, I expect everything to work correctly and be defect free. Its not nitpicking, it is asking them to uphold their end of the agreement made when you handed them money and they handed you a tractor.

Not to mention all of that should be warranty repairs.

Like has been said in previous posts, be polite but firm. You get a lot farther with a smile and a calm outline of concerns than you do with an attitude and a list of demands.