Do I nitpick the Dealer?

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #21  
I hear ya cooljoe... stay on the dealer.... like I said, respectfully but document for them and you.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #22  
check list. for ya. for things that come to mind.

did you get the check chains, and sway bar/chains for lower lift arms of 3pt hitch?

did tractor when bought spec out telescopic lower lift arms by chance?

did tractor spec out when bought a "sway bar" it would be located below the PTO shaft on rear of tractor. were you might place a ball for pulling a trailer, or toss a pin in. to pull a wagon.

in your order, did they put on either bolt on or welded on bucket hooks on the FEL (front end loader) general duty bucket

in your order did they put a hook on the backhoe bucket? to toss a chain on.

are tires filled with a fluid? and does manual even recommend it, if you have backhoe on?

did you ask for rear tires to be swapped around (depends on rims) to have a wider width of rear tires? to deal with hills/slopes better.

did you get correct amount of rear remotes, and correct type of valves for the rear remotes? float or detent or like valves?

was there an optional upgraded larger alternator that was bought during purchase for tractor (some times optional some times not, some times already included with cab tractors)

double check all your fluids. if that many messups. there can be different locations to check all your fluid levels.... (some of these can be combined into same oil. some times they are all separate with individual dip sticks to check.
engine oil
hydrualic oil for FEL and rear remotes.
transmission
3pt hitch
rear end/final drive

==========
find out were your radiator for engine is (up in front), but then find your hydraulic oil cooler, (smaller radiator looking device) generally behind radiator. and then see about transmission oil cooler. middle of tractor (between engine and transmission) some times in front as well. you ran tractor. but familiarize yourself with the radiators/coolers. so you can check to see if they need to be cleaned. they can become clogged with dust/leaves/etc...

go over machine and double check all bolts / nuts and make sure they are not loose.

good chance nothing was greased. so you going to have fun finding all grease zerks and hitting them.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #23  
Your selling dealer sounds lackadaisical. He should not have some kid assembling crucial parts of the backhoe without serious supervision. Drain Plugs and similar don't come loose from vibration unless improperly torqued to begin with. ALL grease zerks should have been hit with grease before delivery, though this often gets overlooked. Greasing of the hoe is crucial to it not wearing out. Key items like pivot pins do not wear well without grease. Same goes for the entire tractor's zerks.

Hydraulic leaks are not acceptable and can be dangerous. NEVER search out a leak with your bare hand, ONLY use a wood block! Hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate skin, causing serious problems, including possible need for amputation, depending on severity. Best practic: locate general area of leak, shut tractor off and remove pressure on the lines by moving the joystick through all its positions; then look for where the leak is originating.

PTO fitment issues are not uncommon when one's tractor is capable of fitting different categories of implements. At the very least, the dealer ought to make sure what you have, (mower) will mate with the PTO shaft provided, and that if you need any bushings, etc. that they give/sell them to you with the implement/tractor sale(s).

What brand of battery is in the tractor? There is on the side of each battery a date code stamped into the case, usually near the top edge. This will determine when it was manufactured. It's possible, since it seems your tractor was most likely a new on the lot, but used for demo purposes unit, that the battery has gone through numerous cycles from charged to partially or completely discharged state. If so, the life is likely shortened by a good amount. If it were me I'd ask for a brand new, fresh stock, new battery.

What's your serial # on the tractor? I ask because this is what determines year of manufacturer of the unit. Tractors are sold with their warranty beginning the day of sale/delivery and don't necessarily coincide with the year of manufacture, since they often sit on dealer's lots for some time before retail sale.
I very much doubt an employee was going to buy your tractor, then decided to buy a smaller one. That smells of dealer salesman BS/hype, IMHO.
How many hours were on the meter when you took delivery? They broke it in for you?!:confused2: What is that all about?

BTW, you have a great machine. Kioti tractors are excellent workhorses, in your case, after all the initial bugs, caused by the dealer are worked out. Try not to obsess about it; just get things looked after and let the dealer know that you expect better results in his dealing with you going forward.

And for all of our ease of reading, use some paragraph breaks. It makes following your story much easier to comprehend.

Good luck; post back results and any further questions.:thumbsup:

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #24  
The problem is that the guys that actually do the work at dealerships are rarely experts. Often, it's the first time they have ever worked on that particular product or part. Then, there are varying levels of caring and notions of perfection. Sadly, some mechanics can't even read and muddle their way through complex installations.

That, in my mind is the biggest problem with all dealerships, car, truck, tractor, whatever. Too many products, too complicated and nothing stays the same very long.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #25  
go over machine and double check all bolts / nuts and make sure they are not loose.

good chance nothing was greased. so you going to have fun finding all grease zerks and hitting them.

With the quality of workmanship displayed by the dealership tech in 'fixing' the mounting pin on your backhoe, I would double check EVERYTHING. Fluid levels, lube everything, clutch adjustment, wheel torque. The assembly of the entire machine is suspect in my opinion.

/ Do I nitpick the Dealer? #26  
As Industrial Toys mentions, nearly all dealers, no matter what type of machinery, can be a bit suspect: one only needs to read dedicated forums to find this out- I own several VW TDIs and I'd NEVER allow a dealer to touch one of them. And, really, it's even more than just car/truck/tractor dealers. I've walked into some places (national) where the so-called experts were anything but. When something is very important to you then you just have to deal with it yourself.

It takes a lot of patience. Lots to learn.

OP, keep in mind that you're likely going to get a questionnaire from Kioti. I made use of the one I got. I'd like to think that my dealer is better as a result. Make sure that your dealer is aware of everything- it's possible that they might not know that someone's doing sub-par work, bringing it to their attention might be very important to them (lest such continued action ends up getting someone seriously hurt).

My NX has been working very well for me. I've got just over 80 hrs and nothing has been an issue since the dealer worked through the early kinks (I've got implement issues, but that's not the tractor's fault!).