Do tractors have "titles" like cars....

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #11  
Bill of Sale.

A title is normally associated with registration for on-road or over-the-road vehicle use.

TN does not title tractors (nor boats, even though they are registered for water use).

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #12  
I have a 1985 Honda 4 wheeler (off road vehicle) that I bought new that came with a Louisiana Title. I don't know if Louisiana still has titles for them.

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #13  
RoyJackson said:
I call mine "Mr.Deere"

I'da thought you'd call her "Mother Deere" since you need to beg it to start and ask permission to use it for work. :D

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #14  
tallyho8 said:
I have a 1985 Honda 4 wheeler (off road vehicle) that I bought new that came with a Louisiana Title. I don't know if Louisiana still has titles for them.
oklahoma just recently began requiring titles for quads, and offroad motorcycles. with tractors, a bill of sale is about all you'll get.

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #15  
Slight topic creep -- I was amused when I bought one of those cheapo Harbor Freight frame trailers for, like, $140 a few months ago. It literally comes in a coupla cardboard boxes you could fit in your trunk. But it had not only a VIN, but a "title". Trailers this size aren't even required to carry a registration/plate here in WI.

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #16  
I don't know in TN, but in VA, yes. Virginia law does not require tractors to be titled; however, it is possible to have a title issued because I got one issued for mine. :)

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #17  
I bought a used tractor and I was wondering if they have titles that need to be transferred like cars
thanks.

Most all tractors owners will not have a issued title for the tractor. However, in VA it is possible to obtain one, although it's not a VA law requirement. Hope this helps!

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #18  
i purchased a cat 416c 63 months ago and all i got was a bill of sale. I have bought parts for it from the local CAT dealership right after my purchase of it and again two years later and again 1 week ago .All 3 times i gave the CAT dealership my serial # but the only difference was yesterday the police shows up on my job and says that my tractor is stolen and the police impounds my tractor . They didnt arrest me because they say im a victom , but what can i do about this ? I cant afford another tractor plus i paid good hard earned money for the one i had.

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #19  
It took 5 years?

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #20  
Here in Norway you must have titeles and license plates on the tractor to before it is legal to use, unfortunately, we must also pay insurance and road tax