Do you have a 3x20 or 4x20 Tractor? If so, Please Help!

/ Do you have a 3x20 or 4x20 Tractor? If so, Please Help! #61  
Tell people to take a look at the 485 for the 3x20 open series tractors if they think CUT BH's are wimpy.

Rob

yes, I know. I had already admired your pictures, truly impressive. But people here just don't have them. It's a cultural attitude, just like not filling tyres, not having seat belts on tractors, etc. But they seem to go for mini excavators though.

/ Do you have a 3x20 or 4x20 Tractor? If so, Please Help! #62  
Nice stock of wood you have. I have a 3PH splitter too but you're ahead of me. I took down some trees and thorny scrub this spring but haven't split the wood yet.

Rob

/ Do you have a 3x20 or 4x20 Tractor? If so, Please Help! #63  
Nice stock of wood you have. I have a 3PH splitter too but you're ahead of me. I took down some trees and thorny scrub this spring but haven't split the wood yet.

Rob

I had to take down 6 big trees (cypress) as they had become dangerous for buildings or power lines. Even if it was not the best time of year to cut trees for fire wood, I took advantage of the very dry spell we're having to be able to drive around on firm ground and do minimum damages. I am splitting them now under pressure of the family to clear the space around the house. IMHO there was no real hurry, but the splitter is doing great work.

Attachments

• DSCF2963 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF2963 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    408.5 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCF2964 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF2964 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    191 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCF3027 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF3027 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    403.1 KB · Views: 100
   / Do you have a 3x20 or 4x20 Tractor? If so, Please Help! #64  
I have 2007 3120 with over 300 hrs now, so light use. Initial problem on delivery was a bad battery. The dealer replaced it right away. Since then all issues have been operator error issues. Within the first 20 hours I ripped off the MFWD sensor wire as it was hanging too low. Fixed it and now everything is going great.

I talked with a friend of mine who owns a rental yard after he purchased 3 new 3120s. He told me the first thing he did was flip around the rear tires for a wider base and tied up the MFWD sensor wire to prevent it from being snagged on brush like mine.

Hope that helps.

/ Do you have a 3x20 or 4x20 Tractor? If so, Please Help! #65  
I have a 06 cab 3520 with about 540 hours on it; bought it used with 240 hours on it about 2-1/2 years ago. Added rear work light and power beyond; also reversed the rear tires to gain a few inches of width for stability purposes. Really do not have any problems to report. The A/C seems to struggle a little when the outside temp approaches 90 degrees and the loader bucket dump function is a little slow at first in very cold weather.

Overall, I am very, very satisfied with this tractor. Use includes ~60-80 hrs per year snow removal (plow with loader bucket & backblade), mowing fields/trails w/ MX5 brush hog, tilling garden w/ 5' king kutter tiller, a little dirt moving w/ 300CX loader, and most recently digging 9' deep x 10' x 20' hole w/ 375 backhoe & the loader (moved about 75 yards of dirt).

/ Do you have a 3x20 or 4x20 Tractor? If so, Please Help! #66  
What you need to operate implements with their own valves is the Power Beyond kit.

Here is a contribution to the debate by John Deere :

Tips & Troubleshooting
Situation or Problem
Need more explanation on what Power Beyond is used for.
Summary
The Power Beyond hydraulic system is used as a pressure/flow source for additional functions equipped with independent flow control valves. For example, planter vacuum motors, spray pumps, lift cylinders. Use Power-Beyond when:
1. Tractor SCV control is not needed.
2. Implement control valve requires external load sense signal to prevent pump operation at high pressure.
3. No other SCV outlet is available.
One major difference between a Selective Control Valve (SCV) and Power Beyond is an SCV has pressure/flow compensation whereas Power Beyond does not. An SCV section has an internal component referred to as a pressure compensator valve. The pressure compensator valve acts as a pressure regulator in the SCV section to maintain constant flow regardless of any other hydraulic function used.
For example, a hydraulic motor running on SCV #1 may require 10 gallons per minute of hydraulic flow at 1500 psi. If SCV #2 is engaged to run another hydraulic function that requires 6 gallons per minute at 2000 psi, the compensator in SCV #1 will balance this pressure change from hydraulic pump and maintain steady operation of the hydraulic function from SCV #1.

/ Do you have a 3x20 or 4x20 Tractor? If so, Please Help! #67  
Here is a contribution to the debate by John Deere :

Tips & Troubleshooting
Situation or Problem
Need more explanation on what Power Beyond is used for.
Summary
The Power Beyond hydraulic system is used as a pressure/flow source for additional functions equipped with independent flow control valves. For example, planter vacuum motors, spray pumps, lift cylinders. Use Power-Beyond when:
1. Tractor SCV control is not needed.
2. Implement control valve requires external load sense signal to prevent pump operation at high pressure.
3. No other SCV outlet is available.
One major difference between a Selective Control Valve (SCV) and Power Beyond is an SCV has pressure/flow compensation whereas Power Beyond does not. An SCV section has an internal component referred to as a pressure compensator valve. The pressure compensator valve acts as a pressure regulator in the SCV section to maintain constant flow regardless of any other hydraulic function used.
For example, a hydraulic motor running on SCV #1 may require 10 gallons per minute of hydraulic flow at 1500 psi. If SCV #2 is engaged to run another hydraulic function that requires 6 gallons per minute at 2000 psi, the compensator in SCV #1 will balance this pressure change from hydraulic pump and maintain steady operation of the hydraulic function from SCV #1.

New thread time?

/ Do you have a 3x20 or 4x20 Tractor? If so, Please Help! #68  
2008 4720 for the climate and shifting impaired. 230 hours, used medium to heavy. Goes from the road, to MFWD full throttle, low gear to pull disc. I have a real personal concern about tipping and this tractor inspires some confidence in control if go slow enough. Have not had any mechanical concerns in the slightest so maybe i am not looking hard enough.

/ Do you have a 3x20 or 4x20 Tractor? If so, Please Help! #69  
I have a 2008 4520 cab with 2900 hrs and am very unhappy with it 3 front axle repairs and 1 shelled axle, it shuts down at least 1 time a day, loader valve bleeds off very quickly, coolant leak in motor had to tear down motor for a $3.00 o ring, a/c does not cool that good, lower draft link pins break all the time, no radio reception even with external antenna, air cleaner a pain to get et, a/c filter in the worst place on tractor, all a/c lines are rubbing metal where they enter cab, cab height too tall, loader has too small of stabilizer bar to keep left and right in sync, why do they need a diverter to get 4&5 scvs? No tie down points in front of tractor, speakers too small on radio, move the loader lock. Have John Deere give me a call I'll help them build a bullet proof 4x30 series tractor. My friend has a 2009 4720 with 1000hrs and same front axle problems same amount of times.

Last edited:
   / Do you have a 3x20 or 4x20 Tractor? If so, Please Help! #70  
2005 4120 400cx loader bought used with 204 hours noticed a antifreeze leak had my local dealer fix the leak timing cover aluminum, block cast iron, different thermal expansion caused rigid seal to break JD picked up the expense (Thank you JD).
Replaced seal with flexible seal no leaks since, now 258 hours.