Do you leave implements outside??

/ Do you leave implements outside?? #21  
Hi,

My backhoe stays inside with the tractors. I also hang my PHD inside as it does not take up much space.

Things like the box blade, landscape rake, dirt scoop, sub soiler sit on some 2x4s up off the ground and that is about it.

My Woods rotary cutter...well...it has a little roof built over it. Not sure if it should be considered kept outside or not. The cover keeps the snow and most of the rain off it. See attached photo.

I do plan on making a different set up at some point in the future, some kind of little roof that would hinge up when I need to remove the brush hog, and which would lower back down after I put it back.

Works for me! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Attachments

• 854324-HOGROOF.JPG
    854324-HOGROOF.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 215
   / Do you leave implements outside?? #22  
I have only a rake that is totally exposed, BH is on a dolly in the shop and everything else is under an awning off the side of the shop.

/ Do you leave implements outside?? #23  
The only implement that stays outside for most of the year is an ancient rear blade I bought for $60.

The mower or cutter might be left out for a week or so...the tractor for a few days, but otherwise, all the gear is in the garage or outbuilding.

/ Do you leave implements outside?? #24  
I try to keep everything under a roof. If anything sits out its my rear blade, but thats only on occasion. Some of them set in a open cattle barn. I would try to keep the PTO equipment in and anything that has a lot of moving parts like my planter. My Father in law parks everything in the pasture except his tractors and has real good luck with everything. I think parking them inside makes a big difference when you get ready to trade them off. As we grow and equipment gets bigger I may have to move things outside too.

/ Do you leave implements outside?? #25  
I bought 10' x 20' tent canopies at a Pep Boys sale for $79 ea. The side enclosures cost andother $79 ea. Got 3 to keep the tractor and all implements in them and a 4th for my tool room.

I'll need them while building the house. The county won't let me build the barn/workshop first for fear I may live in it! What a crock. So now I live in the canopies. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Do you leave implements outside?? #26  
I try to keep as many of my impliments inside as the space allow. The only one stay outside is the drag harrow so far.

/ Do you leave implements outside?? #27  
Box blade and 1 row culitvator always outside.

Tiller in the barn. Rotary cutter sometimes in/sometimes out. It stayed this winter cause I used it late in the fall, otherwise I'd put it up.

/ Do you leave implements outside?? #28  
I have some implements setting outside.. like a pasture drag, old disc, and my plow.. Other stuff is under the barn or lean-to, or under a tube frame -tarp structure.

soundguy

/ Do you leave implements outside?? #29  
Well, I'm kinda keeping it in my hip pocket for future use ... near future use I hope. The only problem is that because she can say it in 5 minutes, she thinks I "can get 'er done" in the same timeframe.

/ Do you leave implements outside?? #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The only problem is that because she can say it in 5 minutes, she thinks I "can get 'er done" in the same timeframe. )</font>

Did we marry sisters?