Dodge Cummins Engine Concern

/ Dodge Cummins Engine Concern #22  
My concerns would not be motor but tranny, body, suspension, and general rust issues that plague Dodges.

Chris
Being a ford owner myself,one has to remember ford had plenty of rust problems themselves not that long ago.I believe every brand has its own set of issues.

Last edited:
   / Dodge Cummins Engine Concern #23  
Man, all you guys talking about rusted trucks. Makes me kinda thankful for living in west texas. No rust here. Of course, not a spot of rust because not a drop of rain...

/ Dodge Cummins Engine Concern #24  
My concerns would not be motor but tranny, body, suspension, and general rust issues that plague Dodges.

Chris

Give me a break...we know its not you're favorite ( ford) but get over it....everyone isn't in love with ford. My truck is a year model later than the 1 he is looking at.. believe it or not....130k and no rust or tranny problems. Period !!

/ Dodge Cummins Engine Concern #25  
Nice thread going about Dodges, serious, use full and help full responses, I figured it was just a matter of time before someone dumped in the gutter.

/ Dodge Cummins Engine Concern #26  
Nice thread going about Dodges, serious, use full and help full responses, I figured it was just a matter of time before someone dumped in the gutter.

If its not A turd (ford) you can bet dp is gonna down it.he gets his Cookies off discussing ford and bad mouthing dodge

Last edited:
   / Dodge Cummins Engine Concern #27  

Chris

Ohmygod; you mean my 18 year old dodge (250k) has been plagued with transmission, body, suspension and rust problems. Musta missed them somehow but the paint job sure does suck.

Couple more years and it qualifies for antique plates.

Course it didn't come with front leaf suspension and I can't ever recall hearing it cackle when looking for twelve hundred dollar injectors. Wasn't all that fast but manged to make up time not having to refuel at every service station and always seemed to be following the favorite pie truck up hills!

/ Dodge Cummins Engine Concern #28  
Ohmygod; you mean my 18 year old dodge (250k) has been plagued with transmission, body, suspension and rust problems. Musta missed them somehow but the paint job sure does suck.

Couple more years and it qualifies for antique plates.

Course it didn't come with front leaf suspension and I can't ever recall hearing it cackle when looking for twelve hundred dollar injectors. Wasn't all that fast but manged to make up time not having to refuel at every service station and always seemed to be following the favorite pie truck up hills!

Yeah and I bet you didn't have to pull the cab and bullet proof it.

/ Dodge Cummins Engine Concern #29  
I snapped up an early 07 3500 Laramie 5.9 last year with 18k miles on it. I had the fluids/filters serviced bumper to bumper as a condition of purchase. The only trouble I have had was leaking weatherstrip around the doors on the cab side. Very common and easy to fix.

/ Dodge Cummins Engine Concern #30  
Man, all you guys talking about rusted trucks. Makes me kinda thankful for living in west texas. No rust here. Of course, not a spot of rust because not a drop of rain...

Rain is not the problem. Road salt kills em all here. My 04 350 is starting to show rust at the bottoms of the doors and tail gate. Time to touch it up.