Does a CAB hurt HP?

/ Does a CAB hurt HP? #13  
With the AC on you won't be doing anything fast, but you'll do it in comfort. The sub-25 horsepower tractors with cabs have their place, even with AC; Deere will be coming out with AC for the 1025R/2025R cab models and I believe the new Mahindra equivalents will offer it too.

If you're not working the machine for a profit, and therefore can work slower, they're a good option. All the better if you're doing loader work, as opposed to running the PTO.

/ Does a CAB hurt HP? #14  
Thanks
The tractor I was looking at (Kioti CX2510 Cab) only had 24.5hp so 5hp loss would not be good.

If you will be doing a lot of driving up hills with loads that little Kioti will be pitiful or very slow I have used a open station 2510 extensively and was disappointed with the lack of grunt on slopes.

/ Does a CAB hurt HP? #16  
If you will be doing a lot of driving up hills with loads that little Kioti will be pitiful or very slow I have used a open station 2510 extensively and was disappointed with the lack of grunt on slopes.

That's really any 25 horsepower tractor; hills are typically low and slow.

/ Does a CAB hurt HP? #17  
A cab has zero effect on engine HP.

A cab adds weight and your machine will be heavier. A general rule of thumb is a heavier tractor is better for traction and as ballast for lifting with a loader. A heavier tractor is harder to climb hills with. On hard pack level ground the HP lost from the added weight will be nominal.

A heavier machine is harder to accelerate and decelerate. Since your tractor is a slow moving high gear ratio machine by design these factors are irrelevant to HP.

If your cab has an AC and the compressor is mechanically powered by a belt from your motor, then you will lose some engine HP while running the AC.

If your cab has an electric fan running then HP loss is nominal. Recirculating engine coolant to your cab heat exchanger for cab heat uses a nominal amount of flow and engine HP.

/ Does a CAB hurt HP?
thanks for correction. but it's still like having a cab on a garden tractor. just my bias. at least the consumer these days has a wide range of options big & small, regards
I agree 100%

I'm giving up on subcompacts and compacts with less than 25hp, with or without a cab.

For me to be happy its got to be a 30hp and above and probably with a cab.

/ Does a CAB hurt HP? #19  
or even a bit larger :) let us know what you find before pulling trigger