Does a propane tank absorb propane?

/ Does a propane tank absorb propane? #11  
Flipping it on it's side onto a couple rollers like a roller conveyor might be an easier method than the turntable, if you have something like that or can make it. Just roll it in place.

/ Does a propane tank absorb propane? #13  
I have a couple of the 20lbers with the old valves siting around. I've wanted to turn one into a pressurized blast pot but so far I haven't gotten around to that project.

/ Does a propane tank absorb propane? #14  
They retain some odorant. No problem.

/ Does a propane tank absorb propane? #15  
Propane molecule is pretty big, I wouldn't think it would actually get into the crystal structure of the metal.

/ Does a propane tank absorb propane? #16  
I purged the crap out of a 20# to convert it to an Air Tank. Still smells a little after 6 years.

/ Does a propane tank absorb propane? #17  
I used to weld on gas tankers and all kinds of gas tanks. Yes! every type of gas will absorb into every kind of metal. Soaking it in water is good but gas will come out of pores in the metal when you heat it up. If the mixture gets right it will blow up. You need constant are flow to prevent the fumes from accumulate in the tank. Use an air compressor and blow air in the tank with the hose all the way in the tank. That way the fumes blow out the valve hole and cant accumulat. This is so simple and easy to do safely, i just dont understand why someone wouldn't. :thumbsup:

/ Does a propane tank absorb propane? #19  
I used to cut, weld, and grind on gas tankers every day. Somthing as simple as ventalating the tank when you work on it could be the differnce between life and death. Stay safe.

/ Does a propane tank absorb propane? #20  
I watched a guy trying to cut the top out of a 45 gallon barrel one time he was told to put an air nozzle in it and use an air chisel. He used the torch, It popped and flipped the top. He was a waist of skin but never got hurt.
I agree remove the valve, I like to leave it sit in the sun for a while then vent it continually, while working on it.
I also use propane bottles as air reservoirs, My compressor is about 50 ft from the work areas I have the 30 lb tanks hanging up side down with a drain pipe about 6 inches long hanging down and a manifold with a two couplings in it one large and one small. It gives you that little extra kick , as well as volume