Does anybody elso find the new software as slow as I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Does anybody elso find the new software as slow as I do? #1  

AndyMA

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 2120 , Kubota MX5200 , Deere X748SE. 1956 Economy Tractor
I've been on the new site from 2 different computers, both connected through cable modems. In each case the site is so slow as to be virtually unusable. when I click on a post it takes between 30-45 seconds to open. It used to be only a second or 2. Is it me or is the new site this slow?

Andy

/ Does anybody elso find the new software as slow as I do? #2  
Generally speaking, this forum is running at about the same speed as the old one.

But keep in mind that we are upgrading our servers in the next 3-4 days. So any speed issues will be resolved then.

/ Does anybody elso find the new software as slow as I do? #3  
If you haven't already done so, try deleting all TBN cookies then come back to the site. You'll have to log in again, but I'd bet your slowness issue is resolved.

I was having some problems right after the migration to the new software and clearing the old BBS cookies fixed them all.

/ Does anybody elso find the new software as slow as I do? #4  
On my end I find it loads much quicker

/ Does anybody elso find the new software as slow as I do? #5  
AndyMA said:
I've been on the new site from 2 different computers, both connected through cable modems. In each case the site is so slow as to be virtually unusable. when I click on a post it takes between 30-45 seconds to open. It used to be only a second or 2. Is it me or is the new site this slow?

Andy
I find it about the same, of course i am i dail up, but does not take anywhere 30 secods to load

/ Does anybody elso find the new software as slow as I do? #7  
AndyMA said:

Andy

I find it to be about the same as the old.. whether on dialup.. or on a high speed cable modem from my buddies house... weird...

Soundguy

/ Does anybody elso find the new software as slow as I do? #8  
It is super slow here. I have high speed DSL and it is so slow that the quick reply won't even load, it usually goes to a time error and I lose all my reply that I have typed. Gonna delete the cookies and try again

/ Does anybody elso find the new software as slow as I do? #9  
Muhammad has already indicated that;

1. The current servers were marginal for this new forum software, but by and large, the servers are running OK.
2. The servers will be upgraded in the near future.
3. They are running message database indexing tasks that 'steal' cycles which can slow things down.

/ Does anybody elso find the new software as slow as I do? #10  
Seems about the same to me. Nothing to complain about.

Status
Not open for further replies.