Dog pics

/ Dog pics #5,051  
Nothing beats a dog in front of a hot wood stove. The hotter mine got the more she loved it.

/ Dog pics #5,052  
We do not have a stove, ours figured out as a puppy the best places to get were on the registers when the furnace fan kicks on. It was funny watching her contortions to get on some of them when she was little and could squeeze into tight places, now days she just heads to the easy access registers.

/ Dog pics #5,053  
Nothing beats a dog in front of a hot wood stove. The hotter mine got the more she loved it.
Let me add that we once had a late litter of Springers when we lived in Maine. We figured we would be OK and big snow wouldn't happen until late November or December.

Oops and we had to keep two litters and 15 puppies in the kitchen because of big snows. We also had an Oval modern cookstove in there. Anyway, that stove would get rolling at times and those 15 puppies would all pile underneath the oven of that stove. They got so hot you couldn't pick them up but they wouldn't come out from under. They just loved it.

We had 8 or 9 weeks of joy watching and playing with them in the heat of that stove. Somewhere I have a pic of it.

/ Dog pics #5,054  
Let me add that we once had a late litter of Springers when we lived in Maine. We figured we would be OK and big snow wouldn't happen until late November or December.

Oops and we had to keep two litters and 15 puppies in the kitchen because of big snows. We also had an Oval modern cookstove in there. Anyway, that stove would get rolling at times and those 15 puppies would all pile underneath the oven of that stove. They got so hot you couldn't pick them up but they wouldn't come out from under. They just loved it.

We had 8 or 9 weeks of joy watching and playing with them in the heat of that stove. Somewhere I have a pic of it.
Please find that picture! I’m sure us dog lovers would love ❤️ to see it!

/ Dog pics #5,055  
We were using dog squeakers to get their attention to make pictures for the area dog shelter. Made the mistake of tossing one like a toy, and this one took off after it. I was afraid he was going to swallow it and choke, but we finally got it away from him. He got adopted several weeks later.

Attachments

• squeeker.jpeg
    squeeker.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 34
   / Dog pics #5,056  

Can do but give a little time. It's somewhere.

Wife had all the puppies plus adults in the kitchen and she is a fastidious homemaker. The kitchen was big, maybe 14'-16' x 24' and when I came home one day she had a whole batch of little bowls out for feeding. I switched it to the"trough" approach.

We got clobbered with snow that fall so when one puppy had to go out they all went out and then all back in. Snow piled everywhere with limited space for them.

Sidebar here is Thanksgiving that year. With all going on, the wife decided on a couple turkey breasts rather than the whole turkey. I was in the attached garage that morning and I heard a commotion inside with dogs barking, etc. When I ran inside I saw the wife wrestling a turkey breast from one of the adults that took it off the counter. She told me to "go back outside, nothing to see here and Bobo only ate a little bit. It will be OK". And it was.

All this gives you things to look back on when you're older and for kids to say "remember when we had all those puppies in the kitchen"? Do something stupid like this with your kids. It works out.

Last edited:
   / Dog pics #5,057  
We had a littler of Great Pyrenees "confined" in the living room and they delighted in finding escape routes. Kids a blast watching them puzzle out a new route or get stuck in various place. The best escape artist from that batch just crossed over the bridge a couple of days ago after short battle.

1709994092647.jpeg

/ Dog pics #5,058  

Here's a pic that shows the setup with the wood stove and where the puppies would go.
IMG_4544.jpeg

Below are some puppies soaking up the heat.
IMG_4539.jpeg

Below is a pile of puppies catching some z's
IMG_4545.jpeg

A little one missing her buds but wanting the heat.
IMG_4541.jpeg

They could come in from the garage in the cold weather but had to behave and stay on that blanket.
IMG_4543.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Dog pics #5,059  
   / Dog pics #5,060  
Happy Pups

Attachments

• 20230509_144538.jpg
    20230509_144538.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • 20230912_155925.jpg
    20230912_155925.jpg
    833.6 KB · Views: 42