Dog pics

/ Dog pics #891  
Day before yesterday I lost my best friend & family member. I loved that girl.
Kirby died in the afternoon of 8/29/2013

Could not write about it before, just way too painful. I had to help her out from under the computer table where she had gone because of some (Far Off) thunder. Knew then she was in bad shape. Actually knew the night before, showing signs of pain, but would not eat a hot dog with pill or even canned food.

When I got her up from under the computer, her mid section (Belly) was hard as a rock. She was able to stand & go out side, even down the front steps. But soon her hips were failing her & collapsing. Got her up, she were to a strange place & drank out of an old can. Then somehow disappeared.

Will finish in another post with pictures of some of our happy times.
Jim

Dear Brother,

So Sorry about Kirby Hope the other girls are OK.

Love, Wanda

/ Dog pics #892  
Crash 325 Jim ,

Sorry to hear of the loss of your girl. Remember the good times and that she will always be with you in your heart and memories . I lost my best dog, my partner almost 20 years ago and still think of him every day.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Dog pics #895  
Crash, our dogs are our children and there's nothing that can take their place. May each day get easier for you.

/ Dog pics #896  
A Place For Us

These have helped get me through some tough losses. They still make me cry like a baby though.[/QUOTE]

Me to Cry - Thank You

Happy Days Pictures

3 dogs.jpg -big rock 3.jpg-cody -kirby.jpg -cody-kirby-2009-3.jpg -Kirby smile.jpg -kirby-swim-1.jpg -kirby-swim-2.jpg -The Kids.jpg

/ Dog pics #897  
crash; She looks like a very wonderful girl. Again, I am sorry.

My granddad was one of the wisest people I ever knew. He would say, "Those of us who have it, have it to lose. The man who never lost anything, never had anything." I also remember that, when I think about the good times. We have it to lose, but it is so wonderful while we have it.

/ Dog pics #899  
She looks to have had a long and wonderful live with you and your family. Thanks for posting those delightful pictures of your sweetheart.

In her prime Kirby weighed about 150#. She was loved by people & dogs as well. She mothered the little boy in the picture. She didn't like the people to the south. Every time he started that way, she would push him back toward the house. He liked to play sword fight with an imaginary friend. When he lost & fell down, Kirby would go try to help him up.

What I called a neighbor hood dog, adopted us as his family. He would meet me 3 miles from the house and run all the way home. Almost every morning he would come through the fence to see us.

She did not like people that do drugs & did not care for Mexican's.

Had a sort of funeral for her. Bobby, Brat & myself. As I took her around to her gave, Bobby ran in front of the FEL & kept poking her with her nose. As if to say get up, get out of there, lets go play. Kirby's tail happened to be up out of the FEL and wagged all the way. Maybe her way of saying "I'm at peace now, no more pain." Am pretty sure cancer is what took her away. No matter how much I bribed her to eat, she kept loosing weight.

When I put her in the grave, if looks could kill Bobby & Brat would have killed me. The looks got worse as I covered her up. Look in the hole & look at me, like "What are you doing".

It was like they blamed me & I did wrong. They would not come close to me the rest of the day.

Thank all of you for listening & caring. Very much appreciated.
Jim:pawprint:

/ Dog pics #900  
Your heartwarming story made me shed a tear for your much loved Kirby. May she rest in peace, with pain no more.

Thanks for sharing.