Downtime & Upgrades

/ Downtime & Upgrades #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Hi Everybody,

Sorry for the extended downtime today. Unfortunately we have not finished our upgrade work, and there will be further downtimes in the coming days as we continue to make changes.

Right now, no changes have been made public, but the downtime was not for no reason... fortunately.

Thanks for your patience.

/ Downtime & Upgrades #2  
No Problem. We all appreciate the service you provide for us. Having spent years setting up and maintaing commercial web sites I know how much time it takes behind the scenes.

Andy

/ Downtime & Upgrades #3  
Right now an action is taking between 1 and 5 minutes to process.. I.E. clicking on a message to load.. or jumping to and from forums.

I'm assuming this is related to the upgrade / work. ( but if it isn't.. any ideas?.. I'm on dial-up.. however.. I'm viewing other tractor web pages and they are running fast and fine like usual.. )

thanks

Soundguy

/ Downtime & Upgrades #4  
I'm sure we will benifit from upgrades.
Thanks.
If it of any help, on dial-up at 48,000bps the front page took me approx 2 mins to load.

/ Downtime & Upgrades #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Right now an action is taking between 1 and 5 minutes to process.. )</font>

Soundguy I can only laugh at those of you who are spoiled with highspeed. My dial up is running normal right now. Only a minute to load....straight and steady...as normal... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Downtime & Upgrades #6  
No high speed for me, unless I'm on my laptop and traveling and get a good wan signal. My desktop is dialin.

So far.. all other websites load fast.. in a couple seconds. But TBN is still taking 1+ minutes to load. Again.. I hope that is a temporary thing associated with the upgrade.. and not a new 'feature'..

Soundguy

/ Downtime & Upgrades #7  
I think I can safely say.. it isn't my dialup connection.. check this out..:

<font color="red"> Generated in 22.426 seconds in which 22.399 seconds were spent on a total of 19 queries. Zlib compression enabled. </font>

<font color="green"> Generated in 11.224 seconds in which 11.201 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression enabled. </font>

Soundguy

/ Downtime & Upgrades #8  
no, it's definitely slow...not as bad as the NH forums the past few days, but painful...FYI, i'm at work on a HS connect, so it should be flying...hopefully the upgrades aren't fully implemented yet

/ Downtime & Upgrades #9  
Hi,,

We are aware of slow load times and various other issues.

As was noted, we are in the process of essentially a total re-make of the entire TBN web site and all elements within it.

That includes "moving" almost a million messages, seven or eight large content scripts.

Plus we are adding quite a few "new features" that we have nor mentioned, but we feel are certain to please our many thousands of members.

Hopefully we'll make more significant progress today and have the job done by the weekend.

Sorry it is taking so much time; as I said, it is frankly a very complex technology job.

Thanks for your understanding & patience.

/ Downtime & Upgrades #10  
Not sure if you have finished the upgrade yet, but the site is zipping along for me, back to how it used to be, almost instant
Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif