Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #21  
Editing is everything and after American Choppers success, I think all those shows want to create conflict and drama.
Eddie

I'm a film editor and couldn't agree more. I could turn this forum into a reality show if I wanted to. Actually it's already pretty entertaining as is!

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #22  
Why wouldn't the landowner leave his dozer there? Unless he needs it somewhere else I would think it would cost a lot to have it trucked home... they said he lives 1,000 miles away.

People just crack me with up with the 'Reality TV sucks! I want my TV shows to be FAKE dagnabbit!" stuff :laughing::laughing: I occasionally learn something from watching reality TV shows... even if it is only to reaffirm my belief that there are a whole lot of inept and not-to-bright-about-how-stuff-actually-works people out there. :D

I can't believe they didn't have a better plan. They seemed to start out OK with getting housing situated but then did what? Sit around and watching for bears for a couple weeks?

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #23  
I also can't figure out why they have to excavators. That's a heck of a lot of money to spend on machines when the big one will do anything the smaller one will do.

After watching the last episode I think the plan is one excavator to dig and load the dump truck the other to pick up the material the dump truck drops off and load it into the shaker. The shaker is up on a mound and even it if had a ramp to it I don't think you could just dump a whole dump truck load in there.

Maybe part of the delay in getting the shaker etc set up was trying to pick a location to minimize haul time.

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #24  
That makes sense. I didn't understand the need for such a massive generator until they started turning things on. While part of what they are doing, like the fighting and playing with the bears comes across as inept and childish, they do have a plan and know more about what they are doing then I do. Getting a group of people together, moving equipment and supplies thousands of miles and operating off the grid in a new environment takes an incredible amount of inteligence. No way can I say that I'm capable of it or could do half as good. The more I watch the show, the more I realize that I was wrong in my earlier assessment about them. While there is still too much drama to the show, they have started to impress me with what they are accomplishing and the planning that they put into this before heading out there. What I don't understand is slowly being reveiled as smart planning on their part.

Eddie

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #25  
Yeah! A realiyy show about Noobie tractor owners!

Franklin puts a 3 foot brush hog on his Yu-Suck greymarket (painted yellow) machine and prodeeds to stall it just before going over a 3 inch cliff. This could have gotten his new golf shoes dirty.

A raccoon eats the wiring on a YingYang and it won't stop when the naive Rembrandt turns the key to "OFF". Crashes through the back wall of the garage and into the 2 foot deep swimming pool (edit: make that a Hot Tub). Would have been OK except Mom and the pool boy were practicing their tennis lessons.

Derek waxes his tractor with boat polish and slides off the seat, falling down on the 18 pack parked on the footwell. One splits opens and the fight with the wife gets nasty. The police reports indicates that the beer has a Born on Date that's more than a year old.

Elmo puts a ladder in the FEL to string the xmas tree lights. When he finishes, the ladder pulls away and drags all the lights off the neighbor's house.

Jennifer puts gasoline in her new Mercedes diesel tractor and 'burns the town red' when she arrives at the hair dressers (edit: make that a salon).

Old Jake finally 'pulls the trigger' on his tempermental Oliver. A 50 BMG can sure generate a lot of anxiety. He splits the block in two pieces but the machine just keeps on going into the river. Might be hearing from the EPA on this one.

Antique Threshing Machine Society member teams are airlifted into northern Canada where they must meet the challenge of getting home alive. The winning team finds an old Rumley Oil Pull, fabricates wings from local spruce trees, gets her started on the last remaining swig of VO and they fly her home to Tampa Florida. The other teams are never heard from again.

Probably a lot of potentially exciting episodes, given the 'jam's some members get into...

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #26  
I happened to catch a rerun of the first episode the other night. What got me was the blow out on the dump truck. You are caravaning hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment on a tight schedule, to a remote part of Alaska, where is the service truck equipped to deal with breakdowns like this? You would need to have to have the ability to at least deal with minor break downs like tires, broken hoses, fluids, broken teeth and blades, etc. Or does every break down come with the drama of having to wait for the repair guy to come out to your remote destination?

Brian

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #27  
I am not a fan of this show either. I watched the first episode and that was enough for me. TOO much like ax-men which I cannot stand either. WAY TOO much drama and BS just to try to "sell" the program. IMO the program would sell itself it they told the "REAL" story.

AX-men in particular makes professional loggers everywhere look like incompotent idiots, which they are NOT. Bosses screaming and swearing at employees, all the scripted "near misses", etc. Just total BS. Not the way it actually is.

That is why I like the show "swamp loggers". No drama and BS, just the true everyday lives of how it actually is.

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #28  
Watch "Choppers", no thanks, The best part of the Gold series is now you can see the episodes, that most of you missed>45 weapons and 185 boxes of ammo... Like crossing a river with a nearly new Track-hoe.Yes, it was very much over hyped, like some of the other realitys.These guys would not be digging if the film-boys had not picked up the tab. Not enough gumption and common sense. NO I would not be digging on their lease , like the show. Jy.

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #29  
These shows remind me of big time wrestling, just actors acting.

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #30  
I tuned in because I like to watch machinery being run. I saw the comercials for it and recorded it, WOW WHAT THE ****!!!
I will say these are the biggest bunch of morons I have EVER seen running machinery. If they came within 100' of my machines they'd be meeting a baseball bat side the head. They are a disgrace to operators, it's a shame that folks will watch and think that is what operating heavy equipment is all about. I have to feel these shows are setup for the "drama" factor, otherwise,.,.,.,. no wonder America is heading down the poop pipe.

As far as them killing that baby bear..... again no wonder there are groups like PETA. If these people are real I hope Alaska eats them alive and leaves no trace including the taped episodes....:mad: darn shame.