Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #41  
I can't stand these jerks anymore. I was just watching episode 2 where red beard tries to start a large chainsaw without hearing protection, safety goggles or gloves and without putting it down. When it started with a jerk, he had to move his leg out of the way real quick. How many newbies are going to imitate him?

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #42  
I can't stand these jerks anymore. I was just watching episode 2 where red beard tries to start a large chainsaw without hearing protection, safety goggles or gloves and without putting it down. When it started with a jerk, he had to move his leg out of the way real quick. How many newbies are going to imitate him?

I'm gald my wife, kids and I aren't the only ones that noticed that. He dang near got himself one of those leg trees.

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #43  
I blame most of this on American Chopper. If you watch the fist shows they are all serious but once they realize (or the producers) that drama helps ratings the show changed.

Ice Road truckers is the same way. They always revert back to that shot from under the ise with a bunch of breaking ice sounds to make you think that 4 feet of ice is about to give way.

I watched the previews for Gold Rush and that's about it. A bunch of guys digging dirt isn't going to sell. Doing stupid things with a gator, earth moving equipment, and a chain saw will. Plus the people watching are probably thinking "I could do that better than them".

I think Swamp loggers is the only one I can watch. I also watched IRC deadly roads for the scenery.

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #44  
I will have to admit that we have started stuff that has sat for a few yrs before, but it needed more than a jump, As far as the crew, I wouldn,t put up with the Old Man and his loud mouth Boy, I would say they was the ramrods who came up with this whole idea and pitched it to the networks and a few others to get the money gathered up to do it, To each there own but who would take little kids along when you have all that work to get done, I have told my wife that they will hit, Maybe not huge but enough to keep going Than Alaska had better look out the Gold rush will be on or where ever they are at, Its hard to beleive as many times as that ground has been turned over there still is something left behind, ( OH did anyone see that ditch the old man dug for the water supply )

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #45  
I havent seen the show yet but from the previews I call BullSnot. It makes me cringe being a professional operator then hearing folks talk about how good these retards are. I saw a preview with the excavator going across with the gator. We feel with the machine. ANy time we will be near water the turntable gets alot more grease than normal to hold out the water.

I cant imagine working that far away from a hose shop either without a ton of spares or a hose machine and common lines and fittings on the truck. Also we live about 50 miles from our excavator suppliers I wouldnt start a job in rock with out a truck load of teeth and keepr pins. , The one chain comment had me floored I work at a land fill and we have 10 chains lol.

I worked on a site for a company that built trearment plants, In the evenings I worked for another company that was putting in the water lines and a gas line for the plant and community. Those guys were prepared no running back to town they had every filter, spare tire ad such to keep the job moving with out having to run to get them.

Also a group couldnt lastthat long working against each other either they run out of money, help or someone gets hurt. I hate shows like this and Axe men as it really gives the true professinals a bad rep.

As for starting old mothballed machinery A diesel has a few things orking for it. Its more closed off/ lesss places to get moisture into. The fuel has a bit more lubrication to it, The older the machine means a little wear on the motor wont sieze it.

My neighbor that just passed away had an old Construction Co. Everyonce in a while he would start a machine that has set for 30 years. He had an old HD20 AC dover that had set for 20 0r more years with an 18 inch poplar grown between the track and fram and onto the track pads and against the belly pan and hood. This thing had a 6-110 Detroit on it. We drained the fuel tank as thats what also supplies the torque converter. and chainged the fuel filters and put on 2 hot batteries. A touch of either and she was running. I cut the tree off at the top of the track and went und and cut it off the bottom to.

We started alot of old machinery that way.

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #46  
I was wondering where they get their fuel from... they make it seem like they are hundreds of miles from nowhere on the show. Turns out they are within 30 miles or so of Haines Alaska which has a population of about 2300 people. Probably not that big a deal to get fuel delivered. Don't remember if they brought anything that looked like a fuel tank with them though?

I also found some blog posts by locals and what they think of the show:

Gold Rush Alaska, A Local Review | Heather Lende
Gold Rush Alaska II | Heather Lende
Gold Rush Alaska, Episode III | Heather Lende

Kinda interesting to read. Especially the part where they made the drive take the smaller excavator back across the bridge so they could get more film ;) They made such a 'big deal' about it and then ended up doing it 3 times. There is artificial drama for you :laughing:

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska
Apparently Dorsey didn't have a contract for the show so he can divulge secrets.
His blog.
The Glory Hole

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #48  
Kinda interesting to read. Especially the part where they made the drive take the smaller excavator back across the bridge so they could get more film ;) They made such a 'big deal' about it and then ended up doing it 3 times. There is artificial drama for you :laughing:
It's all about the ratings the show gets, and the cash from advertisers. Doubtful you will ever see a series about marine engineers, not enough potential for drama.
:laughing:

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #49  
Just another stupid reality show manned with people that don't know their a"" from a hole in the ground.
ILMAO when they made a big show of walking that excavator across that shallow river.
They made it look like their life was on the line :laughing:

/ Dozer on the show Gold Rush Alaska #50  
You guys are better than me, I could only take small doses of that show.
Eddie said pretty much what I think about it.