DOZER

/ DOZER #21  
These two beauties were on display at the Mid-Michigan Antique Tractor Show in Oakley a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments

• 35-188130-jddozers.JPG
    35-188130-jddozers.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 472
   / DOZER #22  
/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif..now there a pair of twins I wouldn't mine having around the home. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ DOZER #23  
How 'bout these?
This was the biggest dozer Cat made till the D11 carrydozer came out.
Two D9s connected with the blade in front and a crossmember in the back. The SxS D9H had 820hp pushing a 24 foot wide blade. Steering stopped one outside track while the other 3 kept going. Production ceased in '77 after the D10 was announced.

Attachments

• 35-188242-D9SXSfront.jpg
    35-188242-D9SXSfront.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 3,215
   / DOZER #24  
They made twins long ways too. DD9s were built to push scrapers on big jobs. DD9Hs had again 820hp. Were produced until 1980. Steering was interesting. To turn right for example, the front tractor's right track would stop and the rear tractor's left track would stop so it could articulate.

Attachments

• 35-188247-D9SXSfront.jpg
    35-188247-D9SXSfront.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 326
   / DOZER #25  
In case it wasn't obvious, Yes, I REALLY like dozers. /w3tcompact/icons/love.gif

/ DOZER #26  
Wow, just imagine the damage one could do with something like those beasts. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Yeah I kinda gathered that you might take interest in the dozers. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Never can get enough pics though of any type of equipment.

Darin

/ DOZER #27  
Tell me about it... I have about 40 meg on file... growing everyday.

/ DOZER #28  
Remeber watching on PBS couple years ago in which two dozer work together like that out west in a mining area..leveling the landscape..indeed it was very interesting watch the two operator working together.

/ DOZER #29  
Scott:
Many a year ago[ 1960's] the company I worked for had two D9's hooked in tandem [ one operator ] that were used for pushing buggies.
Egon