Dream Realized

/ Dream Realized #1  

DaleW

Silver Member
Tractor
B2710 FEL with a 72 inch mid mount mower and teltrax canopy
Just got the call from the trucker telling me that he would be delivering my new 2710 within a few hours....WHATTA FEELING !!!. I researched for about a year and looked at Blue, Green, Red and all colors in between and finally chose Kubota. Checked with all local dealers and they wanted way too much...didn't like some of the attitudes either. I found Modern Equipment in Tennessee over the internet and contacted Steve Bowman (One of the owners). What a great guy to deal with...real honest with no big city BS. He priced out a 2710 with turf tires, a LA402 loader and 60 inch bucket, 4 position valve (I can replace the bucket with 6 foot snow plow and all hydraulic functions on the plow work), a 72 inch belly mower, Tel-Trax canopy and shop manuals for the tractor, loader and mower for $17,800 which beat any local price that I got. Spoke to Carver equipment a few times (Real nice guys) but they couldn't come near the price. I would highly recommend giving Steve a call if you are in the market for a tractor. His number is 800-540-1704 and if you do call him , give him my regards.
I would also like to thank JimBinMI, Bird, Wen, MChalkley and all the other contributors on this forum for addressing any question that I had even before I asked it. The bantering that goes on here between JimB and Bird and others was fun to read but when It comes down to the wire you have to be happy with what you invest your money in regardless of the color. I'm sure I'll be back here from time to time asking questions and posting my experiences as I have watched all of you do. Many thanks to all of you for your guidance and experience

/ Dream Realized #2  
Way to go DALE! Yep, it sure is some feeling. And what a nice rig you got yerself.

Now remenber SAFETY first. There is a lot of enthusiasm, I know, but a lot to get the "feel" of before you rebuild half your property. Muhammad had a photo a few weeks ago from some doctor (supposed to be "smart") who totalled his brand new Kuobta on the first day. It "got away" from him and rolled over and over down the hill. He was just LUCKY to dive off a moment before the "fun" began. Always THINK SAFETY --- and enjoy the ride!

BobT.

A Indiana Boy

/ Dream Realized #3  
Sounds like a fine rig, DaleW. Hope it works out as well for you as my B2710 has for me./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Dream Realized #4  
Yes, thanks to Paddock for the photo - not sure if it was the first day but certainly a newer machine, and an expensive accident from the looks of it. Safety first, always.

Congrats, Dale... enjoy the first ride!

msig.gif

/ Dream Realized #5  
Congratulations, Dale. Enjoy it, get lots done, and keep us posted on what you learn and do.

All you guys with B-series tractors - I'm going to have to get one just to keep from feeling left out.

Mark

/ Dream Realized #6  
Congratulation Dale.
If I were you I know I would skip work tomorrow.

May you have many hours of fun with your new B2710 and goodies.

Take care and stay safe.

Thomas..NH

/ Dream Realized #7  
Congratulations, it is a wwonderful machine. Take time to read the manuals cover to cover--twice. Going on 3 months with mine, and only gets better as you learn its capabilities.

Be safe!

/ Dream Realized #8  
Re: Dream Realized...Dale W

Dale, Hope you didn't stay up to late last night trying out your new Kubota,also slept well.
Have fun today and be careful.

Thomas..NH

/ Dream Realized #9  
DaleW,

Congratulations! Welcome to the brotherhood of compact tractor owners! I've had mine a year and still LOVE getting on it! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Please share your experiences since there are many members, like you and I used to be, that are tractorless and need more information.

Good Luck, be safe!

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Dream Realized #10  
Sorry, where's that photo? Sounds interesting

Oh and Congrats on the 2710 Dale! Excellent machine!