Dream Realized

/ Dream Realized #21  
Mark, I really don't know a thing about the company that made my canopy, because my Kubota dealer described it (on the phone), and told me he could install it for $295, while the genuine Kubota canopy was $395, and my receipt shows a "Wells Ag Company" model C35835 canopy, and I looked them up on InfoUSA today and it shows to be a 3 year old company with 3 employees, so I doubt that they have a web site. The canopy is approximately 58" x 46.25", slightly crowned in the center, and I don't know how to describe the outer edges (winged or swooped down and out) with a heavy plastic trim all the way around, with a black coated angle iron frame, black coated flat steel plate brackets held on by 2 big U-bolts on each side of the ROPS. I still don't really know what the insulation is; it appears to be about a half inch fiber board, but it's coated, painted, or something that makes it feel hard and solid. Of course, then I mounted a work light on the rear and a work light, rear view mirror, and tiltmeter on the front. I just know I like it better than any canopy I've seen on any tractor. And I know it's tough and solid, because I've already put a little dent on the back edge when I backed under a tree, watching the mower, and caught one big limb that wasn't high enough, and my brother dented the left edge when he caught a tree./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ Dream Realized #22  
Oh, the flipped L4850?? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Here ya go!

1-6689-4850_wreck1.jpg

And from what I have been told this doesn't show the whole story. But notice that the ROPS is long gone!

msig.gif

/ Dream Realized #23  
Yikes!!! That sends a wake-up call, doesn't it? Was the L4850 made before they started putting ROPS on them? I know my friend's L2250 has an add-on one purchased years later.

Mark

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by MChalkley on 6/10/00 06:16 PM.</FONT></P>

/ Dream Realized #24  
Something like that could ruin your whole day./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Dream Realized #25  
Now we need to change the title of this thread to "Nightmare realized!". /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark

/ Dream Realized #26  
Please tell the entire story behind the picture. Lucky the man wasn't killed like so many others have--makes you think SAFTY-SAFTY-SAFTY!!!!!!
If you use a chainsaw take a look at this http://www.madsens1.com/1stdayon.htm
Gordon

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by gordon on 6/10/00 06:37 PM.</FONT></P>

/ Dream Realized #27  
Well Mark I mite have missed that and I have to say that I would like to try a HST for a few hrs. after haveing run the GST for a few days now. Maybe I will call him back and see about a trad in!!! ANd yes Gorden it was, the hill was about 30% grade and that tractor just took off zoommmmmmm. Was in 2 WD so when the gears grabed it just slid. This was befor I let 3/4 of the air out of the tires, so I had about a 4" foot print on the backend. They had 30PSI in the rears and 35 PIS in the fronts, talk about a rough ride!!! So I when down to 8PSI, rear and 15PSI fronts.
this should help.
RICH

/ Dream Realized #28  
THAT PIT MAKES ME GLAD THAT I DON'T HAVE BUT 1 RIDGE THAT RUNS THROUGH MY LAND. When I was 19 I rolled my jeep once that was enough. Gorden I looked at your pit. the guy that that droped that tree must have been drunk!!! he didn't just hit it with the top he t bone it !!!!!!!
RICH

/ Dream Realized #29  
Must be something about being young dumb and well you guys can figure out the rest. Rich I had a jeep in high school and rolled it as well---being dumb lucky noone was hurt but my pride was sure dented as well as my wallet. Never rolled a tractor and never want to experience it either!!!!!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ Dream Realized #30  
Mark, I sent this picture to Muhammad. There is a ROPS on the tractor, it just got bent down a ways. The tractor did a complete flip besides doing numerous rolls. The steepness of the grade does not show up in the picture. You may recall our discussion about this. You had mentioned about Fendt saying they had brakes on four wheels when in four wheel drive. Well, that is somewhat correct, this tractor was not in 4WD and had a load in the bucket on a slope. I continue to use this tractor and it is still one of my favorites. Cost to repair it was close to $25000. Rat...