Traction Drive train YANMAR FX24D

/ Drive train YANMAR FX24D #42  
Winston, I have a good ring gear from a yanmar,will get u a pic,price is right if it will work, may need to machine the ID but its in great shape,how many teeth on the fx ?

/ Drive train YANMAR FX24D #43  
Winston, I have a good ring gear from a yanmar,will get u a pic,price is right if it will work, may need to machine the ID but its in great shape,how many teeth on the fx ?

43 teeth.

/ Drive train YANMAR FX24D #44  
Getting to the party late. Have a strong suspicion this is the same tractor/problem Winston wrote me about on another forum. For sure the ring gear is damaged and there is the question about what caused the shearing of the bolts and why/how 3 bolts were found laying loose in the case.

It probably doesn't matter here but maybe the info will be useful to some at some point. Yanmar offered an option for front drive only, to reduce the turning radius. Ernie had one and he let me drive it, sure did reduce the turning radius. The main purpose here is to make people aware of this option and if you end up with an issue like this, first make sure the tractor does or doesn't have this option and if it does, make sure it isn't engaged.

We sure lost one of the good guys when Ernie got out of the business and moved to the East coast.

/ Drive train YANMAR FX24D #47  
not sure possible 950 john deere or a 336d, i have a few ring gears but the 40 tooth one described looked very close to the one you have in the photo

/ Drive train YANMAR FX24D #50  
did you ever do any research or find anything about the front drive only models ? Thats an interesting tidbit, would like to see what models came that way....