Duals... Opinions?

/ Duals... Opinions?
An other option would be a single wider tire.

Like a combine tire. I put a set of 23.1x26's on a tractor I had.

I wonder how that would work for plowing?

Sent from my XT907 using TractorByNet

/ Duals... Opinions? #33  
How much land are you farming? Have you looked into tiling/ installing drainage for the field? If the field is not drying properly the crops won't do well and if you get stuck/ grease a spot it won't grow the crop very well. If the fields not fit don't work it. Just a suggestion as in still learning myself. I will get to see one of the fields at the main farm get tile installed this year.
''

Is this being funded by NRCS? In my area they have helped on several jobs that needed better drainage and irrigation work. Usually provide about 80% of the cost of the job.

/ Duals... Opinions?
''

Is this being funded by NRCS? In my area they have helped on several jobs that needed better drainage and irrigation work. Usually provide about 80% of the cost of the job.

No funding by any agency. This is just a hobby and educational experience. I'm currently just working with a two acre plot, as it's small enough to fail without hurting too much. I have an additional 60 acres I can grow into if so desired.

Joe

Sent from my XT907 using TractorByNet

/ Duals... Opinions? #35  
marveltone,'
I was referring to the tile work fordman was having done. I do a lot of this NRCS work on hobby farms as small as a few acres.

/ Duals... Opinions? #36  
marveltone,' I was referring to the tile work fordman was having done. I do a lot of this NRCS work on hobby farms as small as a few acres.

Typically no most of the time it's on the farmers dime. Sometimes you do have to get permission from the NCRS.