Dump bed Pick Ups

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #81  
windy acers said:
1996 f 450 farm use dump truck insurance liability only 50 mile radius $357.00for 1 year. ERIE INSURANCE 100 ERIE PLACE ERIE PA 16530
that is less than 1/4 of what I was quoted. That is a good rate. Thank you for posting it

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #83  
capt_met said:
i think you have to decide how much use the dump will get. if loading multiple times a week i wouldn't go with a loadhandler or insert. may be time to pull the bed off and put a dump on. but for use with 1/2- 3/4 tons i would go with the loadhandler and use the insert money towards a dump trailer or older 1 ton dump. i am also concerned about the lifts that use the original truck bed. i have read of people twisting their bed with them. i guess if the kit addresses that that could be another option. i just wanted to throw the loadhandler out there as an option for pick ups.
good luck,

The bed will twist a little bit if you are on a sideways slant while trying to dump a ton of dirt or so. Mine used to straighten right back out after dumping. My under the bed dump setup was on a 1969 Ford F250 with 13 leaf springs on each side. The bed was a brand spanking new 1978 F250 take-off. I had to retire the truck after the frame broke (rotted out). The rot was due to road salt.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #84  
LBrown59 said:
There is a world of difference between a pick up that dumps and a real dump truck.

The insurance cost is cheaper too. Here in crooked Taxachusetts they screw you for every thing that is on the road. It cost me almost $900.00 for my 1994 F250 to be insured. Yet my Goldwing is only $200.00 for the year.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups
JimR said:
The insurance cost is cheaper too. Here in crooked Taxachusetts they screw you for every thing that is on the road. It cost me almost
* $900.00 for my 1994 F250 to be insured. Yet my Goldwing is only $200.00 for the year.
*Is that for full coverage or just libility?

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #86  
LBrown59 said:
*Is that for full coverage or just libility?

These prices are for liability only, no replacement/repair coverage on my vehicles if I am the cause for an accident. I do have high property/casuality on them both. Insurance costs in Taxachusetts are extremely high due to Government Regulators that control the cost. We pay higher premiums here than almost all other states. Go figure that one out. My 2000 Blazer with full coverage is around $1200 a year. If I lived in the city that cost would be around $16-1800 a year.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #88  
A guy close to where I live is giving away free fill dirt.
I still need one of these.
This makes the 3rd time I've lost out on getting free dirt due to not having anything to haul it in
:eek:

Check your local Craigslist ads to see if anyone has a dump body setup for sale. I found my old one kicking around in my barn a few months ago. Now all I need to do is find the time to install it in my 2003 Ford Super Duty. I finally sold my 1994 Ford F250 and moved up a few years. Got rid of the Blazer too.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #89  
LBrown59 said:
This makes the 3rd time I've lost out on getting free dirt due to not having anything to haul it in

Sell just one of the mini Kubotas and you'll have enough cash to buy a good used 1 ton dump truck....

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #90  
I don't know if I'm too late on this. The company I work for is offering a deal on a kit to convert a regular pickup bed to dump. The brand name is "load Hog" PM me if you want more info