Duplicate Posts

/ Duplicate Posts #41  
   / Duplicate Posts #42  
Here is an interesting one.
Does anyone here flip houses? - Page 11

Saw this post in the projects section. Clicked on it to read, saw it was a post brought back from years ago. Anyway i read the last post then pulled the page up some to see when it was from, 2006. Saw that the last post then was a dbl post.. thininging huh it was going on back then too. Then i pull up some more, the next post was a dupe, then the previous one to that was a dupe post as well. I have just clicked on about 4 of the pages in the total 12 but all so far seem to be duplicated. take a look?

/ Duplicate Posts #43  
Here is an interesting one.
Does anyone here flip houses? - Page 11

Saw this post in the projects section. Clicked on it to read, saw it was a post brought back from years ago. Anyway i read the last post then pulled the page up some to see when it was from, 2006. Saw that the last post then was a dbl post.. thininging huh it was going on back then too. Then i pull up some more, the next post was a dupe, then the previous one to that was a dupe post as well. I have just clicked on about 4 of the pages in the total 12 but all so far seem to be duplicated. take a look?

But were the duplicates there back then, or were they just added today when you pulled up that thread? And I have no idea which it is; but just suspect it was added this time.

/ Duplicate Posts #44  
The posts had the dates of 2006 on them. I have no idea if the merge to the new forum caused it, or if they were duped today as i opened it? I doubt they were there in 06, i dont think it would have gone 12 pages and not turned into a duplicate post discussion? Were they there when you opened the thread, im sure there going to show up on your PC as well.

/ Duplicate Posts #45  
I saw the same thing yesterday. It was an old thread that someone zombied from 2006. I took in interest in the thread and every and i mean every post was a duplicate post - these were from 2006. I do suspect the forum upgrade was the cause. Coincidental that we are still having double post issues...or somehow related??

/ Duplicate Posts #46  
I saw the same thing yesterday. It was an old thread that someone zombied from 2006. I took in interest in the thread and every and i mean every post was a duplicate post - these were from 2006. I do suspect the forum upgrade was the cause. Coincidental that we are still having double post issues...or somehow related??

Based on the post IDs (as seen at the end of the link with the post number, your post for example is post #47 in the thread and the number at the end of the link: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/news-feedback/251104-duplicate-posts-2.html#post2951821 means that it is post 2951821 in the database), I would bet that those posts were dupes from an earlier migration as the first post is 90XXXX and the 2nd is 91XXXX in the ones that I looked at.

Aaron Z

/ Duplicate Posts #47  

zombie virus must be spreading.. ;)

/ Duplicate Posts #48  
I haven't had anymore duplicate posts so far. Hope it stays that way. lol

Chad

/ Duplicate Posts #49  
I hit "Post quick reply", then it hung for ~20 seconds and double posted. No "do you want to leave this page" popup.

Normally, I don't use "quick reply" because it's slow as heII and the window it provides is much too small, but today I wasn't paying attention and posted a reply using "quick reply" and the exact same thing happened, resulting in a double post.

Please, ditch that stupid "quick reply".

/ Duplicate Posts #50  
Muhammad, any chance that this is related to the autosave feature in the quick reply box?

Aaron Z