E-Mail to Power Trac

/ E-Mail to Power Trac #21  
MossRoad,
Did you break a wheel again?
PJ

/ E-Mail to Power Trac #22  
Nah... I put solid tires on it and they worked great. I hit a big rock and sheard off the bolt that holds one of the blades on. Whole deck started shaking real hard . I found the blade. I just can't figure out how to get the broken bolt out. I'll take pictures later and get everyone's opinion on best way to get it out. I was almost done for the day, so I wasn't too upset. I did manage to video tape quite a bit of footage while I brush hogged /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I'll get working on editing and post them to my website and then post on TBN when ready.

/ E-Mail to Power Trac #23  
Neatest Project of the Week

<font color=red> What's the neatest project accomplished this week?</font color=red>

Gathered up my "driveway rebuild kit" and tootled off 3-4 miles where I removed the 6 ft potholes from 200 feet of driveway.

Attachments

• 54-208419-DrivewayKit.jpg
    54-208419-DrivewayKit.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 97
   / E-Mail to Power Trac #24  
Re: Neatest Project of the Week

Handy carry-all you have there /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ E-Mail to Power Trac #25  
duane,
The filter I got from the local Robin dealer is a Stens 120-634. On the side of the filter is says, "Replaces Kawasaki 49065-2078, 49065-2071,49065-2057, John Deere AM107423, Snapper 7-7355, Toro NN10684. When I bought it, the dealer told me that it (the filter) warranty covered any engine it was on. In other words, if the Robin dies before its warranty is up and they try to blame it on the filter, Stens should cover it. Hope I don't have to find out.

Scott

/ E-Mail to Power Trac #26  
I did not mean to slight our other spokesmen I only meant that Charlie might be a good spokesman for our group to communicate with power trac's home office staff.

/ E-Mail to Power Trac #27  

Sedgewood, i presume you pull that rake backward? what kind is it? and how wide?

thanks need setup!

hrl

/ E-Mail to Power Trac #28  

bubenberg: <font color=green>Sedgewood, i presume you pull that rake backward? what kind is it? and how wide?</font color=green>

It's an 8 foot Modern Implements, a lighter duty line made by York. Big disappointment. For three reasons.

1. Yes, I pull it backwards. Silly me I took it on faith that since the swiveling plate the pin drops in has holes in it to set the angle for either pull or push that of course I could turn it around and see how it works in push mode. Not. There are tabs that wrap around the plate that then interfere with the frame where the plate is welded to it. I may be able to get around that one with a grinder given enough time.

2. And this is the biggy. The eight foot tooth mounting bar is angle iron rather than a square tube. I didn't think much about it at the time but a couple of inadvertent downforce applications is enough to twist it when the wheels hit the ground and the center keeps on going. The result is a convex edge on the "comb" which then of course cuts heavier in the center than at the ends. A quick fix is to back it into a tree - just so - and bend the bar back straight (and debark the tree!). Trading it in on a better make/model gets expensive now that the quick attach plate is so securely glued on. Hence I'm on the lookout for a square tube or something to add to the bar as a stiffener.

3. Eight feet is a bit much - seven would have been better for my 1845. (Eight was in stock and I wanted one "right now" - you all know how that goes!). You would, I think, be happier with six feet on the 425 Hans. In general I find that attachments a foot or so wider than the tractor track see to work best. Such that the wheel tracks are covered plus a bit. I may eventually cut 6 - 8 inches off each side and use the cutoffs to build a light material grapple.

Being a novice at this road grading business I naively thought I could use the rake to gather up the many many stones & rocks in my back run road. Alas it doesn't work that way. Little buggers manage to either escape the rake or bring along a lot of the finer gravel too. I've spent hours trying to finesse my raking technique but alas in the end I still have to pick them up by hand. I think I need a quick attach potato fork. And maybe a 4 in 1 bucket. And a Power Dumper of course (hint hint PT, are you out there?).

/ E-Mail to Power Trac #29  
First, let me add my thanks to the din over the latest TBN/PT lobbying efforts. Sounds to me like PT is finding out who we all are.

Charlie wrote: <font color=blue>Wasabi, got that mountain leveled, yet? What's the neatest project accomplished this week </font color=blue>

Well, since you asked, I'll report ....not exactly, but we've dern sure made a dent in it.

We had about half a mountain falling down over the years to rest against our pole barn. On the back side the dirt was up to about four feet high and threatened to redefine what plumb meant. It was a project begging to be done.....so, we started digging out behind the building to the tune of twelve feet back in order to make room for a (what else) a tractor shed.

While at it, we decided to also build wood drying sheds on the other side, naturally requiring the removal of more dirt. All this to make room for what will essentially end up being six connected open shed bays measuring 16 by 16.

We have moved literally tons and tons of dirt and rocks to create a large flat area that I now refer to as the "friggin aircraft carrier". My wife is impressed but wants to know when we will make progress on the house.....soon, honey, soon,...but first we have to make a proper place for the tractor, the mule and all these expensive implements! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Some day I'll post before and after pics so you guys can advise me what I did wrong and how to fix it all. In the meantime, we're having fun with that PT 2445!