Ebay, Fedex, and shipping damage ?

/ Ebay, Fedex, and shipping damage ? #11  
One thing I learned.
There are specific windows to make claims, so watch the time lapse.
Failing satisfaction from EBay and PayPal you also have your Credit Card claim to fall abck on (if CC was used)
Good luck!

/ Ebay, Fedex, and shipping damage ?
I rigged up a temp 30 amp outlet, and it works. So, I at least have that info nnow.

/ Ebay, Fedex, and shipping damage ? #13  
I always thought shipping damage was the responsibility of the receiving end to file for. I would contact FedEx or whoever shipped it and file a damage report whether insured or not, they are responsible to handle responsibly. Document the condition of the package, the contents and pieces found in the bottom.

The other way around,
While buyer pays for shipping he can't be responsible for damage as he never packed the goods.
Packaging should be rated as a fine art.
It is common belief that the more rugged the packaging the bigger the challenge to destroy it.

/ Ebay, Fedex, and shipping damage ?
Well, good news. The welder works fine, the accessories came the next day in a separate package, and the seller is issuing at $50 credit. I would have been happy with a $25 credit.

/ Ebay, Fedex, and shipping damage ? #15  
Glad to hear you're happy. All that counts is, you are happy with the outcome;)

/ Ebay, Fedex, and shipping damage ? #16  
I just recieved a used floor model welder I bought on ebay for $109.99, free shipping via USPS to Fedex. The box was pretty beaten up, but that's not unexpected, so I open it. Inside, I notice the bottom corners of the welder are dented, and the amperage control knob is broken. I also find several broken pieces of black plastic in the packaging. It seems fairly obvious that the shipper dropped the box (57 lbs) at some point. I messaged seller, who to his credit said he would get with his shipping guy and confirm they sent it out in good condition. The shipping had no insurance.

I didn't have a 240v outlet that fits the plug (20 amp 240v plug; 2 hots and a ground), so I can't confirm if it works yet (getting breaker and such this afternoon to test it out).

The original add showed a box of rods and some cheesy torch goggles included, and said "contains all items pictured" but they did not come in package. The items not included are between me and the seller.

Who's job is it to fight with Fedex? Is that all on me? Is it the sellers responsibility till it arrives at my door? Am I SOL if it's not insured? Am I able to do a partial credit for the damage if it does work? The amperage knob can still be turned, the base of it is intact, but should I be stuck with less than I bought... right?

Go to ebays resolution center and file a complaint. It is the sellers responsibility to get it to you in one piece. Ebay will refund your money and shipping charges. I've had to do this a dozen times and have always had my money refunded.

/ Ebay, Fedex, and shipping damage ? #17  
If you bought it on e-bay through paypal, PayPal will work it out for you if you contact them. Also contact the seller. If they won't fix it PayPal can stop them from selling on e-bay