Echo 590 or the X Series?

/ Echo 590 or the X Series? #151  
Now, I have a Bucc ee's near me that sells ethanol free and I buy that in 5-gallon cans for the welder, pressure washer and making 2-cycle.
I meant to also add, I use Stabil Storage to the 5 gallon can.

I used to use the Stabil 360, but it's not specifically specified that it can be used for 2-cycle, so I'd have to make my 2-cycle before adding it. The Stabil Storage specifically states 2 and 4 cycle engines, so I just add it to the full 5-gallon can.

When I mix my 1-gallon of 2-cycle, I only use the pre-measured Stihl HP Ultra 2-cycle oil. I think with today's auto-tune saws, the consistency of fuel/oil is of significant importance.

/ Echo 590 or the X Series? #152  
The question I ask myself is if I can get away with mixing my own gas again using the ethanol free gas from the station with the lower octane, or should I stick with what Husqvarna is selling for chainsaws because they think it's the best gasoline for chainsaws? And is it worth the money to bother?
The specifications page in your saw's manual should specify the minimum octane rating. If using the fuel quickly, just buy the lowest octane you can find at or above that minimum rating. If your fuel tends to sit longer, then buy higher octane, as the octane rating of fuel drops on a weeks-long to months-long scale, depending on storage temperature and conditions. You want it to still be above minimum at time of use.

/ Echo 590 or the X Series? #153  
I'm not sure if I want to mix my own gas with the ethanol free stuff from the gas station or not. The canned gas has a higher octane rating, and for the small amount of fuel that I use my chainsaw for, it's nice having it start up right away and run strong when I'm using it.
I wouldn’t mix the gas.

I’m a big, albeit unwilling, fan of the canned gas (MotoMix, VP, TrueFuel, etc). I pulled out my Stihl TS 420 cut-off saw today to cut some metal. It’s been sitting over a year with MotoMix in it. The primer/purge bulb cracked on the first push. The saw is about 14 years old so I was surprised that bulb lasted this long. Anyway, after changing out the bulb it only took about a half dozen pulls to start.

/ Echo 590 or the X Series? #154  
I keep a can or 2 of Motomix in the toolbox and saws in the cab. Generally, I’ll run 93 mix in the weed wackers, blower and the smaller saw.
Curious what MotoMix is costing in your area. It was selling for $38 a gallon at Atwoods, $41 at Northern Tool and Stihl dealers recently. Bought VP for $26.50 at Lowe’s.