Economy PTO on a Kioti

/ Economy PTO on a Kioti #1  

310-510

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HC, Kubota BX24
It appears my CK3510SE HC has the indication of Economy PTO on the tach, a slot for the selector lever on the left by the seat, but no Economy PTO. Either that or I am missing something about Economy PTO.

It might be nice to run the PTO generator in economy.

Is it an option on the CK3510SE HC?

/ Economy PTO on a Kioti #2  
The indication of the E-PTO on the dash is very common because the manufacturers usually share the dash between various models.

However, I couldn't find on the Kioti website any indication for the E-PTO at all. Neither listed as standard nor as an option.

540E is very handy. My tractor came standard with it and the Kioti tractors in Europe also come standard with it.

Not only helps reducing the fuel usage and noise, it also provides a lever with 3 positions: 540 - N - 540E. This is very important because it lets you flip the PTO into Neutral, so you can easily spin the PTO by hand when hooking up PTO implements, otherwise the spring actuated brake won't let you rotate the shaft.

/ Economy PTO on a Kioti
Stan B, thank you.
I did see a picture of the PTO selection lever in the Owners Manual and thought maybe I could get lucky. :)

/ Economy PTO on a Kioti #5  
My CK4010SE has the 540E PTO indicator right at 1860rpm on the dash. And 540PTO comes right in at 2600rpm.

/ Economy PTO on a Kioti
My 3510SE HC has the same indication. Was trying to figure out if it was available, if it was an option, and how to use select it. So far it is not looking good as a useable feature.

:-(

/ Economy PTO on a Kioti #7  
My 3510SE HC has the same indication. Was trying to figure out if it was available, if it was an option, and how to use select it. So far it is not looking good as a useable feature.

:-(
It's in your operators manual, but rather written poorly. The 540E (Eco or Economy) rpm setting is used only if in low range. The 540 rpm setting is used for the mid range setting. There is no indicator on the tach for a high range setting.

It becomes important, because if your in low range and set the throttle for 540 PTO, you risk going into overdrive on some attachments. Like PTO chippers have a maximum rpm allowed, and is indicated on the chipper somewhere. You risk overdrive on that chipper, with possible damage to bearings, flywheel breakage or worse.

Last edited:
   / Economy PTO on a Kioti #8  
It's in your operators manual, but rather written poorly. The 540E (Eco or Economy) rpm setting is used only if in low range. The 540 rpm setting is used for the mid range setting. There is no indicator on the tach for a high range setting.

It becomes important, because if your in low range and set the throttle for 540 PTO, you risk going into overdrive on some attachments. Like PTO chippers have a maximum rpm allowed, and is indicated on the chipper somewhere. You risk overdrive on that chipper, with possible damage to bearings, flywheel breakage or worse.
540 or 540E has nothing to do with what range you're in.

The PTO drive is a straight shot from the engine flywheel, all the way to the PTO shaft, with only a PTO clutch in between and 540/540E gearing if available.

/ Economy PTO on a Kioti #9  
540E is not available in the US KIOTI CK10 Tractors. The yellow line is useful for "Regen" operating RPM's, but the transmission does not have a ECO PTO Gear. This is only available on the higher horsepower KIOTI Tractors in the US. 540 PTO RPM is only achieved at the upper PTO Indication on the tach unit, and is not dependent on the "travel" range setting of the transmission.

Hope this helps,

/ Economy PTO on a Kioti
^^^^ Great answer and thank you.