Eggs & Egg Prices

/ Eggs & Egg Prices #31  
Our feed has really increased in price in the last few years. I cannot recall exactly, but a 40kg (88lbs) bag of feed used to be about $11. Now the same price applies to a 25kg (55lbs) sack!

nybirdman, are they ringnecks?

/ Eggs & Egg Prices #32  
Now you've done it, this will turn out like the R1 vs R4 thread.:D:D
The brown ones are better and more healthy than the wimpy white ones.:thumbsup:

Oh my, what was I thinking, of coarse the brown one's taste better. :licking::licking:

Attachments

• ChickenHouse 001.jpg
    ChickenHouse 001.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 46
  • ChickenHouse 009.jpg
    ChickenHouse 009.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 47
  • DitchFGarden 011.jpg
    DitchFGarden 011.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 54
   / Eggs & Egg Prices #34  
I have four breeds of ringneck pheasant
chinese,mongolian,buff,melanistic(black)

/ Eggs & Egg Prices #36  
After reading this thread I took note of eggs in our local Wal-Mart in Jasper, IN yesterday. Large were $1.54. Jumbo were $1.84.

I begrudgingly get $1.50 for mine. Guy down the road sells for $1.

/ Eggs & Egg Prices #37  
After reading this thread I took note of eggs in our local Wal-Mart in Jasper, IN yesterday. Large were $1.54. Jumbo were $1.84.

I begrudgingly get $1.50 for mine. Guy down the road sells for $1.

There are always those who ask $4 and, somehow, seem to have a market, although that seems awfully high priced to me. Contrarily, there are always those, it seems, who sell eggs for a dollar, which is not enough, really, to cover the feed and labor costs. Ah, the free market system.

Given the high grain costs, I will have to charge $2 this winter. For the size and quality, they're a bargain.

/ Eggs & Egg Prices #38  
WHO-WEE I buy my large farm raised eggs from my co-worker for $1 a dozen,me thinks one heck of a deal for a buck.coobie

/ Eggs & Egg Prices
WHO-WEE I buy my large farm raised eggs from my co-worker for $1 a dozen,me thinks one heck of a deal for a buck.coobie

Yes, it's a very good deal!

/ Eggs & Egg Prices #40  
IMHO, people who sell eggs for a dollar do so only to keep from having to throw them away. Even at twice that you don't make money on a small scale but it does help pay some feed cost. Plus it's kind of a fun hobby.:)