Electric Chain Saws

/ Electric Chain Saws #12  
I had one for a while. Something I noticed about it was that the teeth on the chain were further apart than on my Gas Stihl. Probably because of the horsepower difference.

I can't say that I liked the electric that much. I almost cut the cord in half a few dozen times, it cut much slower than the gas unit and was basically a cheap saw. Probably in the $100.00 range.

/ Electric Chain Saws #13  
I've got an electric chainsaw (18" Polan bought from Amazon.com for less then $100).
For what I use it (debranching limbs for the chipper, sawing 5-6 inch branches and small trees to shorter lengths, etc.), it works fine.
I don't know about long term durability in sawing larger stuff for extended periods (such as cutting cordwood to burning lengths) though...think I'd rather have a heavier gas chainsaw for that.

Could you please tell me the amazon link for that chainsaw, I could not it on amazon....

R.gif

/ Electric Chain Saws #14  
   / Electric Chain Saws #15  
Thanks RoyJackson
I might buy this chain saw

/ Electric Chain Saws #16  
Thanks RoyJackson
I might buy this chain saw

I can recommend it for light use around the property...biggest limitation is the length of the extention cord you use.

/ Electric Chain Saws #18  
Check out a Husqvarna 316-E. I bought one for my mother after she ruined 2 remingtons from Menards. Got it the cheapest off Amazon. It works great, and is as good or better than most small gas saws. Much quieter than the cheap electric ones too. Have had it 2 years, and love it. If you are going to use it a lot, it will be a better investment in the long run.

/ Electric Chain Saws #19  
Occasionally electric chain saws need to be disassembled and cleaned. The cooling fan tends to draw saw dust to the internals of the motor. An external filter over the air inlet would help this problem but the manufacturers would rather you pitch it in the dumpster and buy another.

/ Electric Chain Saws #20  
Hi Guys
As per my other post about the wood stove (which I need to update with pictures). Stove is in the but not hooked up yet. I have 5 cord of wood
cut and split and about 4 cord is on my deck. I have some smaller logs
that I wish to cut up that I have brought up from the back and wood lot.
Most of them are no more then 6 inches around. I wanted to finished cutting
from log lengths to go into stove. I have bad wrists and find it very hard to
start a gas chain saw any more I can use it but not event the two stage ones can I start. So I was thinking for trimming near the barn which all
the log lengths are stacked of getting a an electric saw I have 3 gas ones, and looked at stihl as I love their products and found out that an electric saw would be about $369 up to $469. I can get cheaper ones like a
remington 18 inch one for about $94. I do have heavy duty cords that I use with the compressor so it will not loose power.
Big difference in price does anyone have an electric saw? and just for cutting log lengths up to 8 inches how do they work?

I have 4 battery saws that now are all that I use. 2 stihls and 2. Makitas. Still have a couple stihl gas ones that never get used. I am now old and found it hard to start the gas ones.