electric log splitter

/ electric log splitter #11  
Ken
Would you have a pic to post?

/ electric log splitter #12  
i do not but if i can, i will take a picture soon. Pretty simple - 24 ton horizontal/vertical log splitter. Where the gas engine mounted, i bolted on a metal platform to which i bolted the motor and a home made L-shaped pump bracket (pump bolted to the upright of the "L" with the shaft going through a clearance hole, the bottom of the L bolted to the metal platform). The pump shaft is connected to the motor shaft with a love joy coupling. I still need to mount a switch - right now, i just unplug it at the motor.

Ken

/ electric log splitter
spring hollow I did the same thing you did with the l shaped bracket, i plan on having it splitting wood next week-end if work will leave me alone, & will get back on the progress, will try to figure out how to get some pics pretty proud of how it looks, just hope it works well.

/ electric log splitter
Ok it's built & split about 1.5 rick before I had a break in a weld, this is my electric 5 hp electric 220 volt splitter, doesn't seem to strain the motor @ all, don't have any pics no digital camera although I could send over my cell if anyone wants to see.

/ electric log splitter #15  
Did you still decide to go with the compressor motor and the 13.6gpm pump???

Do you have an amp meter? I'd be curious as to how many amps it is pulling vs what the nameplat rating is.

It will probabally pull fewer amps for most stuff, but if you extend the cylinder all the way, stay on the lever and force it to build pressure and open the relief, this will be the MAX it would ever draw.