Electric over hydraulic remote setup?

/ Electric over hydraulic remote setup? #11  
Care to share some pictures of the valve? There are those on here who may be able to help with it.

Aaron Z

/ Electric over hydraulic remote setup? #12  
If you want to use your power beyond system with an electric over hydraulic setup, the following should do the trick:
One of these (to mount the other valves to): Surplus Center - 3 STATION DO3 SERIES OC SUBPLATE
Three of these (the actual valves): Surplus Center - 12 VDC 10 GPM OC DA SOLENOID VALVE
Six of these (to connect the wires to the valves above): Surplus Center - HIRSCHMANN CONNECTOR
Total cost will be $500 plus shipping.

If you have space to mount a physical valve, something like Surplus Center - 3 SPOOL 8 GPM PRINCE MB31BBB5C1 DA VALVE would also work for $200

Aaron Z

/ Electric over hydraulic remote setup? #13  
Ok, I think i know what you mean. Let me see if this is right. You have an extra control valve that goes to the bank of valves on the back of the machine. The remote you want to use is dependant on a push button or something and then you use the control valve to control that remote and you can switch between which remote you want to control correct?

Im actually trying to get rid of the control valve as i think its wrong in my application and is causing me issues with my downstream 3pt hitch. Trying to come up with a good solution to get rid of the valve and adding a few remotes at the same time. Trying to explore my options and make myself happy the first time around.

May I ask what is the problem that you are encountering because of the additional valve? :confused3:

If you look at the page with the bank of valves on it, scroll down and you will see the optional control handle that has the 3 controls for each of the diverter valves. 2 buttons and 1 trigger. That control handle is mounted onto the control lever for the lone OEM remote valve, which has the float function by the way. So all 4 of my rear outlets have the float option, :cool: although only one of them can be used at a time. :(

/ Electric over hydraulic remote setup?
I'll try to get a picture of the valve but its nothing special, its a log splitter valve thats just plumbed into the power beyond hoses at the rear of my tractor, the two work lines are run up to the front of the loader for a grapple.

Thanks Aaron that helps alot, i'll think about which way I want to go. The thing with the electric setup is there isnt a chitload of hoses everywhere. I assume that DO3 block works with power beyond? It would be a lot easier running a few wires than running hydraulic hoses. I know our wrecker has electric over hydraulic thats why I ask abotu all this.

My issue is the valve is plumbed between my loader and 3pt hitch ( I believe). When I raise the 3pt hitch the additional valve moves due to the pressure I assume created by the 3pt lifting. I dont think the valve has power beyond. Im pretty sure by the numbers I looked up on it a while back, its just a log splitter valve. It was a DIY job before I bought the tractor and its worked like this since we bought it.. We have to restrain the lever for the valve to be able to operate the 3pt with any meaningful control.

/ Electric over hydraulic remote setup? #16  
My issue is the valve is plumbed between my loader and 3pt hitch ( I believe). When I raise the 3pt hitch the additional valve moves due to the pressure I assume created by the 3pt lifting. I dont think the valve has power beyond. Im pretty sure by the numbers I looked up on it a while back, its just a log splitter valve. It was a DIY job before I bought the tractor and its worked like this since we bought it.. We have to restrain the lever for the valve to be able to operate the 3pt with any meaningful control.

Obviously something is wrong with your current setup. Either it is plumbed wrong or the valve is messed up. It sounds to me that it might be both. :( :confused:

/ Electric over hydraulic remote setup? #17  
Thanks Aaron that helps alot, i'll think about which way I want to go. The thing with the electric setup is there isnt a chitload of hoses everywhere. I assume that DO3 block works with power beyond? It would be a lot easier running a few wires than running hydraulic hoses.
The D03 block I linked to is an open center block so it works with power beyond.
On the hoses, some people have mounted the block so that the
How many hoses hook up to the valve? There should be 5:
1. Power Beyond in from the loader
2. Power Beyond out to the 3 point
3. Low pressure out to the tank
4. Work port A
5. Work port b

Aaron Z

There is 4 hoses to the valve from what I remember. They put a power beyond package on the tractor which is a factory option, if you dont use it, its just an out and return at the rear of the tractor and a hose jumps between the two.

They ran the out hose from the rear of the tractor (I believe power beyond from the loader) to the valve, through the valve. Then from the out of the valve and back to the return port of the power beyond which I then believes leads to the 3pt hitch. This valve has a detent on it which may or may not be part of the problem. The other two hoses are just the work outlets. Pretty sure its hooked up properly, it doesnt seem complicated at all, I think either the valve is setup wrong or is the wrong valve for this application entirely. Thats why i'd like to get rid of it while installing the top link and remotes. Everything else on the tractor is factory, the only rigged thing is this valve and makes me suspicious of it.

/ Electric over hydraulic remote setup? #19  
There is 4 hoses to the valve from what I remember. They put a power beyond package on the tractor which is a factory option, if you dont use it, its just an out and return at the rear of the tractor and a hose jumps between the two.
They ran the out hose from the rear of the tractor (I believe power beyond from the loader) to the valve, through the valve. Then from the out of the valve and back to the return port of the power beyond which I then believes leads to the 3pt hitch. This valve has a detent on it which may or may not be part of the problem. The other two hoses are just the work outlets. Pretty sure its hooked up properly, it doesnt seem complicated at all, I think either the valve is setup wrong or is the wrong valve for this application entirely. Thats why i'd like to get rid of it while installing the top link and remotes. Everything else on the tractor is factory, the only rigged thing is this valve and makes me suspicious of it.
Sounds like that could be the problem. It might be worth removing the valve from the loop to see what happens.

Aaron Z

I'll take pictures of it all tommorow so you'll see what I have to work with. Im driving myself nuts thinking about what I want to do with it. I dont understand the 5th hose though. I thought the hydraulics were all in series and out of one would be the pressure into another valve. All the othe hydraulic lines are hard lines and its hard to distinguish what does what you know.