Electric Pole transformer cost

/ Electric Pole transformer cost #11  
Things have sure changed there chim, when my grandparents had their golden wedding anniversary, their 10 kids chipped in to run the electric line 1/3 mile from the nearest pole so they could wire their house. I don't know what it cost but the old folks couldn't afford it. It was Metropolitan Edison, before the TMI incident. Here we have CO-OP power distribution. The cost of the poles is spread over 15 years, and is included on the power bill. I never heard of a utility charging for the transformer.
Neil you heard right 25 kVA which is not the same as 25 kW actual power is calculated at about 80%.

/ Electric Pole transformer cost
Why are they charging you?

Well...........................

Short answer is a tree was dropped on the old transformer.

Long answer: I'm in serious discussions with the tree service that made that happen......

At least no one got hurt, and it is only money...

Thanks for all the thoughts,
Neil.

PS When I get the bill, I'll let y'all know.

/ Electric Pole transformer cost #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm in serious discussions with the tree service that made that happen. )</font>

I sure hope so! They should have insurance. If youy wanted to wreck the transformer, you coulda done it yourself and saved money. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Electric Pole transformer cost #14  
Just send the bill to the tree service.

/ Electric Pole transformer cost #15  
You should be in good shape if it's a legitmate tree service and not just some guy with a truck and a chain saw. I'd sure ask him to either pony up immediately or get the name of his insurance carrier.

What's this tree guy telling you at this point?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What's this tree guy telling you at this point? )</font>

Well, I'm trying to get a hold of him now.

Legitimate is a good question. As they say, hindsight is 20-20. But a semi-complicated situation. I don't have all the answers right now, so I won't say much yet.

I have another call into him. Maybe he is on vacation.

I'll keep y'all posted.............
Neil.

/ Electric Pole transformer cost #17  
Now I understand. Glad nobody was hurt. When I read your post, I assumed the transformer was for a new service. Hope the contractor antes up.................chim

/ Electric Pole transformer cost #18  
Oh you broke their transformer, now it becomes clear. They do have a tendency to charge for those. If the bill seems too high, ask 'em for a copy of the no PCBs certification. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Electric Pole transformer cost #19  
<font color="blue"> Well, I'm trying to get a hold of him now... I have another call into him. Maybe he is on vacation. </font>

I'd say a personal visit to his place of business if he has one and to his home if he doesn't. While you're there, make sure to jot down things like his license plate number(s), etc. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd guess from what you've written here this is not going to go well.

If the guy was legitimate, he'd have come to you when he did it and either made arrangements to pay for it himself or he'd have given you the name of his liability insurance carrier so they could handle it directly. I get the impression that neither of those things happened.

Act now. The longer you wait the tougher it gets. I've done more than a little work collecting money from people who don't want to pay and time, as they say, is of the essence.

Good luck with this. I hope it works out for you. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><font color="blueclass=small">( I'd guess from what you've written here this is not going to go well.)</font>

The uncertainty is not going well. I can't get a hold of the electric company claim rep either. And now another company has a claim, but he is on vacation. So I have no idea what sort of $$$ (or is that $$$$$) we are talking.....

</font><font color="blueclass=small">( If the guy was legitimate, he'd have come to you when he did it )</font> I was there when it happened. He said and has said all along that he'll take care of it. He wants to keep his insurance out of it, but I don't see why. (Unless he has improper or lapsed coverage...)

He also "hid" when the electric company showed up, saying he was just helping. I'm going to have to rectify that and get out of the middle of this.

Act now. The longer you wait the tougher it gets. ))</font> Very wise words, and I'm doing my best.....

Thanks for all the good thoughts,
Neil.