Engine ideas

/ Engine ideas #11  
A 10 hp diesel gives the torque of 13hp gas motor on more flat curve. I have L model with gear reduction(1-3 ratio) with 5-12 tires . I use the two parts of Gravely crankcases one with sun gear and flex coupling (LC 100) on transmission Other half bolted with steel plate(1|4 in.thick) adapter on engine and flex coupling. For bushing oiling (By splash). I make two oil galeries( two holes in the crankcase with guards)for pick oil. You know they are oil on two side of bushing by splash and in center by oils galeries. also I put 6 quarts of UDT oil in transmission case. I test everythings now . Thanks! Oldmech

/ Engine ideas #12  
I test Gravely Dek-Diesel today. Powerfull.Torque is impressive. Good balance with brush mower.For speed it is about L8 low range. I run the Gravely Dek-Diesel for about one hour one liter fuel later . I stop engine and remove the crankcase cover for checking trans. bushing NO Hot and oilling was very GOOD.
BAD side Diesel engine vibrations are hight in low speed and moderate on medium speed. I plan isolate the (reversible) handlebar. Oldmech

Attachments

• PICT0142mower.JPG
    PICT0142mower.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,562
   / Engine ideas
Congrats on your successful resurection oldmech!!

/ Engine ideas #14  
Oldmech- More pics please. I would love to see more. Good job. - Kris :)

/ Engine ideas #15  
That diesel mounted up very cleanly, nice work. What does that engine cost, if you don't mind me asking?

/ Engine ideas #16  
JS5020- KRISLU- BILLBILL1 I send you new pics. For the Dek-Diesel F400 I paid $580 CND Good engine for the price. . This Motor is CHINA Made as YANMAR JAPAN . I think original YANMAR L100V is a lot BETTER. But price??? Gravely are the finnest machine you can find used in America. I like the planetary transmission. If You Plan install new motor I have more info for you. Thanks OLDMECK

Attachments

• PICT0140hanbase.JPG
    PICT0140hanbase.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 1,923
  • PICT0141RPLOW.JPG
    PICT0141RPLOW.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,603
  • PICT0145mower.JPG
    PICT0145mower.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,604
   / Engine ideas
Well done oldmec, and thanks for the additional pic's.

/ Engine ideas #19  
Oldmech- I don't understand why you didn't mount the motor directly to the Gravely tranny ? Why did you retain the lower halves of the Gravely "T" motor ? Were you not able to fabrcate a mounting plate ? Great pics though !!

- Kris :)

/ Engine ideas #20  
Thanks Kris! The problem is sun gear in trans. My problem is money. Machine shop works are very expensive. My solution is EASY and LOW cost. I spend less $150. I use standard or original sun gear and shaft from Gravely crankshaft and use crankcase because I need space for flex coupling (L 100) for joint motor to trans. Motor is fix (Bolted) with steel plate adaptor(1/4 in.thick)on other Half crankcase.
Some adaptor take about 3 in.+- Gravely crankcase about 6-7 in. With gear reduction we can balance the tractor. My next project is fix an Honda motor on L8. OLDMECH