Engine ideas

/ Engine ideas #71  
Hi! Everybody. I look for adapt a Honda engine for my L8. The problem is the sun gear. I find something on the web . This give me some ideas. please look. Good luck ! Oldmech.
Belos site.

/ Engine ideas #72  
Hi oldmech
You found in Pic what I was trying to say in words.
belso site is a good thing to look at. His yanmar conversion is what was I thanking about . It looks very good I even liked His pipe adapter.You can make any length you need to make it up to any length of shalf. Thank Bruce

Last edited:
   / Engine ideas
Yep that's where I came up with the sleeve idea, basically got the idea from that Yanmar conversion, but instead of remaking the gear I'm gonna use the original. I'm gonna cut the taper off of the old input shaft, cut a keyway in the remaining stub. Both the new engine crankshaft and the original "stub" will be 1"dia od, I will then make a sleeve 1" id and broach a keyway into it and join the crank and the "stub".

/ Engine ideas #74  
Hi js5020
Well I found out something today, if I understand it right.I understand That
the later motel Gear cluster will fit in the old Gravely. If so we get a New
set of gears. Then use Gravely's new Gear that is bored to 1.00" Like the one I used on the 13 hp Honda. This way it would be No different then the Honda conversion.
Thanks Bruce

/ Engine ideas #75  
Dek-Diesel Gravely report. My Dek-diesel Gravely is over 100hrs now. I use only 80 liter of diesel fuel. This engine start and run very well. At first I note some overspeed and racing. Later I read on the web some Dek-Diesel engines on electric generator fail. Balancer shaft broken (May be weakness) Generator need 3600rpm for give 60cycles electricity. 3600-4000rpm are very fast for a Diesel. So I adjust governor(Easy) for 3000rpm .NEVER OPERATE A DIESEL ENGINE WITHOUT THE GOVERNOR. This one control the fuel pump. At 2000-2500-3000 Rpm you have a Better torque and a better fuel economy. Just four small bolts come loose and I note some (Little bit) oil loss by crankshaft oil seals. This engine(Industrial) never overheat. VIBRATION are High to medium. As all direct injection diesel very NOISY. I think LV100 YANMAR are VERY GOOD engines. Dek-Diesel are GOOD engine and for the price a DEAL This is my epinion. I would like find a small diesel engine make Here in America. WHY NOT. Thank! Oldmech

/ Engine ideas #76  
Hi Oldmech
That would be nice if some body did make a afordable Diesel
I was talking to Bruce L and He said The peak torque on the 13 hp Honda is about 2700 rpm.
That is how they do get by with out gearing down.
By the way have you ever been on The gravelyclubgroups@yahoo.com.
They do a lot talking gravely.
Bruce g
Guthrie Repower

/ Engine ideas #77  
Hi Bruce! I look info. for the Gx 390 Honda. This Gas engine is the best you can find. VERY POWERFUL and Very good fuel Economy as 230 Grams per H.P. hour . Or 3.7 L at Max HP hour. For torque the best is 2500 RPM . You cannot use a Honda engine below 2000 rpm. Torque drop a lot at 3600 rpm. I join a Curve Chart. Note It is a NET Torque and NET Hp Not the Max (not true) as usual. Me I like the new L100v Yanmar Diesel (I dont Have now). Fuel economy is VERY LOW as 165 Grams per HP hour . Thanks for the website. Good luck ! Oldmech

Attachments

• gx390honda.pdf
    421.5 KB · Views: 684
   / Engine ideas #78  
Sorry I get a bad file. Now The good one. Thank ! Oldmech

Attachments

• gx390honda.jpg
    gx390honda.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 971
   / Engine ideas #79  
Hi oldmech
Sorry I have't been on this Thread for Quit a while.
I have been on the gravely cub most of the time.
Well the 13 hp Honda does a very good job .
I have now put 3 other 24 Hp Hondas on the 4 wheel gravelys.
I have still been thanking on the L models.
I got a set of double gears off e- bay from a 5000 series tractor.
That I can reduce the speed.
I e-mailed Bruce from New Z. he says all you have to do is slow the engine down to 2700 rpm and that is close to what the Old gravely engines ran?
with the 13 Hp you still have torque to do a good job.
thanks Bruce g

/ Engine ideas #80  
Hi! I want add Something . My Gravely-Diesel lost some drops oil. I add a Breather air on top Plate Because some pressure in Old Gravely crankcase. Now all is good No more oil lost. I add four picts For help somebody. Thanks and Good luck Oldmech

Attachments

• PICT0117CRTRCOU.JPG
    PICT0117CRTRCOU.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,036
  • PICT0121CRMOCOU.JPG
    PICT0121CRMOCOU.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 858
  • PICT0123oilgaleries.JPG
    PICT0123oilgaleries.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 822
  • PICT0126RTOGO.JPG
    PICT0126RTOGO.JPG