Engine oil

/ Engine oil #21  
I vote for Delo 400LE. I have used it for 40+ years in all types of engines from stationary diesels to lawn mowers. It was originally developed for stationary industrial and marine engines and has been a consistent product over the years. I would not use in in the high tech specialized automotive engines though. On those the manufacturer's have specific requirements and recommendations. A Diesel rated oil works fine for gas engines but not the other way around. I use 15-40 in the tractor and the cars and trucks as we have mild winters up here.

Ron

/ Engine oil #23  
I vote for Delo 400LE. [snip]

Ron

Where do you find Delo 400L? The nice thing about Shell Rotella T6 is that I can find it in any Walmart, TSC and most auto parts stores in the country. I'm never seen Delo, but then again, I've never looked either.

Thanks,

/ Engine oil #24  
Where do you find Delo 400L? The nice thing about Shell Rotella T6 is that I can find it in any Walmart, TSC and most auto parts stores in the country. I'm never seen Delo, but then again, I've never looked either.

Thanks,

Walmart carries it along with Rotella, Delvac, Mobil 1 Diesel, Valvoline Blue Diesel oil, and Castrol Diesel.

Many choices out there.

Chris

/ Engine oil #25  

Thanks,

walmart carries delo.. at least mine does. it caries the ford powerstroke orange bottle 15w40 as well.

I now use valvoline ultra blue premium syn 5w40 love it.

/ Engine oil #26  
I buy it at NAPA. With my military/fleet discount it is very reasonable. It is amazing that I get 45% discount and they still make their profit target. COSTCO also carries it. If you have a farm/business you should be able to get the fleet discount at NAPA. I have it covered on both ends as on some things the military discount is higher.

Ron

/ Engine oil #27  
Ok thanks!

Is the Delo dino or synthetic? I prefer synthetic.

/ Engine oil #28  
It is dyno. Some of the new cars and smaller stuff are required to use Syn 0r you void the warranty. I do not have any of those. Cannot justify the additional cost, and would never put Syn in an engine unless it is new and start out that way. Too many horror stories out there on that scenario.
Ron

/ Engine oil #29  
Cannot justify the additional cost, and would never put Syn in an engine unless it is new and start out that way. Too many horror stories out there on that scenario.

And that's all they are .. Stories. I've started vehicle engines on synthetic with 40-50K and have never seen any problems

/ Engine oil #30  
And that's all they are .. Stories. I've started vehicle engines on synthetic with 40-50K and have never seen any problems

Yep. Dino oil has closed the price gap on synthetic oil. Just yesterday I was at my parts store. $21.99 for dyno oil change and $27.99 for synthetic. Thats a no no brainer to me. 5000 miles for dyno and 10000 for synthetic in my vehicles.

I think in the next 10 years dyno oil will be all but vanished except for special applications.

Chris