Engine replacement problems

/ Engine replacement problems #1  

Psycho Kevie

Tractor
Bobcat CT235
Bobcat ct235, 410 hours. Pushing fallen trees, branch hits oil filter, breaks seal. Don't notice oil pressure light until engine is shot. New engine required. Bobcat engine "not available". Put in Kioti engine. Pick up tractor, Glow plug light in dash doesn't work. Tell service. They look, say glow plugs working, Bulb burned out. Take tractor home, Check dash, bulb good. Call dealer, they tell me to F off (I am paraphrasing) they didn't touch the dash. I work 4 hours tracing wires. Find the wire to glow plug light is actually spliced in the harness to the Power wire to the glow plugs. When they pulled the wire to hook up glow plug, they pulled apart the connection in the wiring harness.

How would you guys approach the dealer? How many of you guys would actually take the wires out of the wiring harness to find a weird connection pulled apart in the harness? I am grouchy, Why do I need to troubleshoot the mechanics errors? Oh $8000 for a new 35 hp Kioti engine in a Bobcat Ct235.

/ Engine replacement problems #2  
Ive read so many times about tree limbs and oil filter problems.
Ive had so many close calls myself. Cleared 4 acres of thick honeysuckle.
And then to have to deal with the dealers screw up.
Thanks for sharing, keeps me always looking.
I just screw up on oil pan bolts, overtightning.

/ Engine replacement problems #4  
Mechanic finding their self induced failure would eat up enough time for another $8k bill.

/ Engine replacement problems #5  
I would not have left the dealership until everything checked out.
I would have immediately noticed a light as alarming as oil pressure.
I am super careful about not having stuff fall on under, around or through my expensive machinery.I don't let ANYONE beg, rent, borrow or steal my unreplaceable machines. JLG lift, tractors, lawn mowers, golf carts, chain saws, trailers, tire changer, even a freakin leaf blower. I presume that adults and teens alike have NO skills, abilities, care, or patience with stuff they can rent or buy for teir own use, even if for just 1 time. This really has solved all of my machinery use phobias.

Now if they want to pay me to limb a tree, hang Christmas lights, oil a windmill, or cut & bale some hay, the sign says it all: $250 per hour and only I run the stuff.

/ Engine replacement problems #6  
Ive read so many times about tree limbs and oil filter problems.
I guess I would be a bit grumpy, too, if I had paid all that money and the mechanic had messed up something.

Tho it is common for the low-hanging hyd filter to get knocked off, this is the first I have heard of the engine oil filter getting hit.

I protect my hyd filter, but one of the two CK30s I bought new for a friend suffered a catastrophic hyd filter impact on the second day he used the tractor!

/ Engine replacement problems
I guess I would be a bit grumpy, too, if I had paid all that money and the mechanic had messed up something.

Tho it is common for the low-hanging hyd filter to get knocked off, this is the first I have heard of the engine oil filter getting hit.

I protect my hyd filter, but one of the two CK30s I bought new for a friend suffered a catastrophic hyd filter impact on the second day he used the tractor!
Did the hydraulic filter failure cause any damage? or did the oil just leak out and have to be replaced with the new filter?

/ Engine replacement problems
I hate to be negative but it seems like the norm. If the engine runs, doesn’t leak I’d be happy they got that much right.
Uh, yeah, hitch pins missing, and radiator hose leaked, ground wires not connected. But complaining about those easy fixes feels like I am just piling on.

/ Engine replacement problems #9  
Did the hydraulic filter failure cause any damage? or did the oil just leak out and have to be replaced with the new filter?
In that case, and usually, the low-hanging hyd filter and its cast aluminum mount is broken off, causing rapid loss of fluid. The tractor becomes almost instantly undriveable if HST. If gear drive, the hyd pump would just run out of fluid and you would lose hydraulics, including PS.

Subsequent versions of the DaeDong M27 tractor, like the CKxx10s seem to continue to have this "feature", which I think is a major flaw.

The problem has been so common that Kioti had to increase inventory of the filter mount.

/ Engine replacement problems #10  
I hate to be negative but it seems like the norm. If the engine runs, doesn’t leak I’d be happy they got that much right.
Just like any trade, there are good people and bad people. Bad dealers tend to have (tolerate) more bad mechanics.