Engine replacement problems

/ Engine replacement problems #11  
Uh, yeah, hitch pins missing, and radiator hose leaked, ground wires not connected. But complaining about those easy fixes feels like I am just piling on.
I would just double check everything like you are doing and be thankful the engine runs good. I know where you are coming from and is why I have always preferred to repair my own stuff.

/ Engine replacement problems #12  
I would just double check everything like you are doing and be thankful the engine runs good. I know where you are coming from and is why I have always preferred to repair my own stuff.
Me, too.

Gonna have a steel carport replaced soon, after mine was destroyed by a tree last winter. Paying for a pre-designed unit, installed by field installers. Don't have time to do my own building this time, and I am more than a little ambivalent.

/ Engine replacement problems #13  
Good dealer mechanics are hard to find and tend to be primadonnas. Running a few shops, I've occasionally walked up on a fair mechanic and asked why they didn't do or order.... They would say not part of the original complaint!!!

That said, good, fair or bad dealer mechanic, they got paid to do the job right and should have gone checked it thoroughly and thankful you brought it up rather than berate them.

Even though, "they didn't touch the dash", I don't know how many times we got blamed for something not associated or related to the original repair!

At this point, it is probably safe to say you won't go back there, but just be donecwith them and move on.

/ Engine replacement problems #14  
If it's a common enough problem, wonder if a filter relocation kit is a business opportunity for some enterprising individual

/ Engine replacement problems #15  
Bobcat ct235, 410 hours. Pushing fallen trees, branch hits oil filter, breaks seal. Don't notice oil pressure light until engine is shot. New engine required. Bobcat engine "not available". Put in Kioti engine. Pick up tractor, Glow plug light in dash doesn't work. Tell service. They look, say glow plugs working, Bulb burned out. Take tractor home, Check dash, bulb good. Call dealer, they tell me to F off (I am paraphrasing) they didn't touch the dash. I work 4 hours tracing wires. Find the wire to glow plug light is actually spliced in the harness to the Power wire to the glow plugs. When they pulled the wire to hook up glow plug, they pulled apart the connection in the wiring harness.

How would you guys approach the dealer? How many of you guys would actually take the wires out of the wiring harness to find a weird connection pulled apart in the harness? I am grouchy, Why do I need to troubleshoot the mechanics errors? Oh $8000 for a new 35 hp Kioti engine in a Bobcat Ct235.
I would wait until I had drank two pots of coffee. Probably would take 3-4 days giving me sufficient time to get calmed down.

I would then visit the manager of the Dealership and tell him I would like to discuss the quality of the work he provided. I would ask him to explain to me exactly the question you asked, “Why you need to be responsible for troubleshooting the problems his Service Department created.