Engine will not start/ Electrical Issue

/ Engine will not start/ Electrical Issue #11  
I'm a little bit astounded that the dealer would rebuild the starter, based on the scenario you described.

The click you use to hear, is the fuel shut off solenoid, not the starter. I'm not familiar with your particular kioti, but the first thing I would look at is the ignition switch, since you have power to the dash cluster. Lots of threads on the no start issue on the kiotis and bobcats, including my own.

The 3054 has no fuel shutoff soleniod;manual fuel cable only

/ Engine will not start/ Electrical Issue #13  
Hey Tim - When you bypassed the switch, did you just cross the wires before the ignition switch? Sorry to sound like a dummy, but well..... Did you pull the ignition assembly and soak it WD 40 or spray it in place? Thanks again for your help.

Sprayed it in place. In my case I turned the ign to run, and then jumpered the starter solenoid. ( Battery + >>> starter solenoid spade terminal )

I will defer to someone who actually has your particular machine though.

/ Engine will not start/ Electrical Issue #14  
I suggest beginning at the beginning: the battery. Make sure there are no dead cells and that the ground AND positive cable connections are not corroded, or compromised in any way. Sometimes the actual cable becomes corroded inside the sheath and is hard to discern without cutting into the sheathing to see.
Your battery has a date code on it - not when you bought it but when the mfg. made it. It may seem to be OK, but if there is a question then take it and have it load tested. Once the battery is completely validated then move on to other possibilities like ignition switch, etc.
Post back results.

/ Engine will not start/ Electrical Issue
Thanks for the advice. I did yank the battery and had it tested. Turned out full charge and holding charge. Have not looked at the sheath. Will do so tonight. Right now, I am willing to try everything recommended that does not involving buying a new tractor!

Tim - I'll also spray the switch. The last few chores have been in very dry and dusty conditions and I have not kept it covered like normal. Thank you again.

/ Engine will not start/ Electrical Issue #17  
I have heard that alot of Kioti open station tractors have had issues with their key switches from moisture. It doesnt affect the cab units.
'That is why the dealer probibly looked at the switch first. If its not the main fuse or in the fuse box, and the battery has tested Ok under a load you would thing it would have to be the ground issue.

Have you tried to start it by jumping battery with your truck??? I was wondering if they did a load test on the battery? A bad battery can still show 12 volts, but under a load it can drop off drastically. My Chevy van pulled this cra& with me 2 weeks ago. I drove it to the supply house just fine, then it wouldnt turn over. Lights worked just wouldnt crank. I pulled out tester and it showed 12 volts. I had someone check it when i cranked it over.....8 volts. A friend jumped the rig and i drove to NAPA. New battery later all is well again. Its amazing how fast those things can die.

Thanks for the information. I did try to jump it off and it struggled to turn over. It would not start. the cables becam very warm after a few minutes so I stopped the jump. The more info I get, I am suspecting the ignition switch. I will recheck the ground cable and then spray out the switch with WD 40.

/ Engine will not start/ Electrical Issue #19  
Thanks for the information. I did try to jump it off and it struggled to turn over. It would not start. the cables becam very warm after a few minutes so I stopped the jump. The more info I get, I am suspecting the ignition switch. I will recheck the ground cable and then spray out the switch with WD 40.

when you jumped it, did you connect the ground jumper cable to the FRAME..... just thinking that if it is a cable issue, this might get it to turn over

Now, I did not do that. That would make even more sense. Now teh cable is looking more suspect. If its not working well, it woiuld act as a barrier between the boosted electrical output and the frame.