Everlast welders, anybody own one?

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one?
Re: Everlast welders, anybody own one? I do now.

I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but what I have found with my Lincoln V350-Pro is turn the arc force to 0.0 when welding with 6010. This gives me the stack of dimes look with out even trying. For open root pipe welding, and vertical up with 7018 I run the arc force at +9.5.

Here is a 6010 weld I made when I first got my Everlast PA-200.

Shield Arc, Thanks for the suggestion on the arc force setting. I will give that a try. My "stack of dimes" looks more like a random set of washers, varying in thickness and sizes. More practice for me.

gordon

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #42  
Re: Everlast welders, anybody own one? I do now.

I have had my Power arc 200 for over a year now, and it has worked very well for me. I am a true amature, and this machine using 80t ac rods, makes me look like I might know what I am doing. I also have an everlast power plasma 50p which works very well. I would also say that I delt directely with Mark on some questions about my purchase, and they were solved right then. It was like dealing with a local business. I got a discount also by talking to them direct.

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #43  
...But you're going to need to double the size of that 30 amp breaker you were talking about yesterday.

Mark

What machines are going to trip my 30 amp breaker? I've been wondering just how much of an Everlast system a household 220 vac circuit can handle. I've looking at TIG, but I am sure many here would be interested to know the details on all your systems.

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #44  
Blacksmith,
Household systems vary. In mine, I have a 70 amp breaker for my welding and machine needs.
IF you are trying to run off a dryer circuit, I do not recommend it. It's not designed for it, and with the 4 wire system, it is not coded for it either for a 3 wire hookup.
As you indicated, all you have is a 30 amp. In 220V, that is relatively low these days. It's recommended to have a 50 amp breaker for most welder applications.

But any machine over the PowerARC 160STH will likely trip your 30 amp breaker for stick. The 160 will bring it right to the brink for stick, but not for TIG.

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #45  
Yes jim... I am one of those guys. I have red and blue welders, and blue made in Wisconsin is my favorite. I also have john Deere tractors. ( and a blue new Holland. ) Coyote's or how ever you spell them might be just as good as John Deere but I do have pride in my tools and machines. I like the way they look, fit, finish, parts are available, and I can spell their names without going to a Chinese dictionary. I work in America and try to buy products made here. Granted some components are out sourced but that is fine.
If your happy with that stuff more power to yah. Just wanted you to know there are still a few of us around that appreciate quality and craftsmanship. When I see a tool cheaper than the average price, then they give a 40% discount, a bell has to be ringing somewhere.

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #46  
Mark

Is there a rule of thumb for calculating the service draw for a given output?

I assume all the inverters behave the same, ie efficiency, and all your products are capable of more output than your "70 amps" vac input; so is there a input@plug to output@whip/nozzle ratio or curve?

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #47  
Yes jim... I am one of those guys. I have red and blue welders, and blue made in Wisconsin is my favorite. I also have john Deere tractors. ( and a blue new Holland. ) Coyote's or how ever you spell them might be just as good as John Deere but I do have pride in my tools and machines. I like the way they look, fit, finish, parts are available, and I can spell their names without going to a Chinese dictionary. I work in America and try to buy products made here. Granted some components are out sourced but that is fine.
If your happy with that stuff more power to yah. Just wanted you to know there are still a few of us around that appreciate quality and craftsmanship. When I see a tool cheaper than the average price, then they give a 40% discount, a bell has to be ringing somewhere.

You mean those Japanese, Indian and Mexican built john deeres that are their anchor units and biggest sellers? And the German, French, and Belgium made ones that have been around a long time? And the FIAT owned Case/New Holland that have tractors built in Italy, Japan, and Korea along with a few UK built ones? Ford hadn't been built in the US since the 50's, before it became NH. And lest we forget the industrial giant CAT, the majority of the most popular sellers have long been built by Mitsubishi.
The thing about the tractor industry is that most of the brands have been off shore built for a long time. When Kioti first came on the market here in the US, they were building Ford tractors, particularly the old 3X10 series in their factory

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #48  
Efficiency varies with inverters greatly. Most of ours are over 85% somewhere about 87%. I think one or two go higher, though I'll have to check. I've seen a few from other brands in the high 70's to low 80% range. Figure total wattage input versus total wattage output.

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #49  
I thought we were speaking of welders... I can tell you have one foot in the far east. Maybe you should move there. And what branch of service were you in.... Boy Scouts ? Your a great promoter with finess.

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #50  
You are way off base on this one. You were the one to bring in the concept of tractors and buying American and uniformed at that...After 30 years in the tractor industry, there is little I don't know about it. Speaking of welders, then you ought to know that Lincoln has been building off shore for a LONG time. In fact, just saw where their migs are made in Mexico and much of it is built in Italy and even China. Thermal Arc's primary line now is chinese. ESAB, well, china, Poland, and it is a Swedish company. Miller's latest product are finally putting some truth out there with "Assembled in America"...not made in America an longer, with such a great percentage of their parts coming elsewhere. The argument you present is ill informed, and doesn't hold water...And when your argument goes south, you start attacking character? Typical of a person whose argument has been diffused completely. But I find it funny that you post in a thread with a statement that has little or no bearing on the OP.

As far as having served in the Military, no...and having a foot in the far east NO. I haven't personally served in the mililtary but many family members and friends have. But I will tell you this, my immigrant and orphaned grandfather who came here through ellis island from Puerto Rico when he was 3, a US marine for 22 years and veteran of three wars, bought a Datsun pickup in 1968 and drove it until about 2003 when he sold it with 500k on it. He also became a loyal Nissan buyer throughout the years. Many of his fellow friends thought ill of him, but he did it because he knew it was part of his mission in life to reconcile with those he shot at and those that shot at him...and it was his way of doing it...plus the fact they were dependable despite the rhetoric about them, and it was what he could afford after leaving the military and finding a job where the only job that would hire him was to pump gas when he returned...where no one appreciated what he had done for so long and was ridiculed for it. And yes he was a Scout Master.

Last edited: