Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #141  
Thanks to you both for jumping in!!! Thats just what info I need. I agree that what little I have done with my Mig, I can see how cold lap is easy to do. Must admit my first project (a welding table) has some! I don't see how I could go wrong with the Everlast for that price. Going to get one!

What plugs did you guys wire up? I also am going to buy a good generator, and want to use a Nema 6-50 R. I want to keep all plugs the same for simplicity so as not to have to use an adapter or special cord. But generators with that receptacle are hard to find. I like the Winco W9500HE, and it has that receptacle, but I like the Winco WC 12000HE even better (more powerful, much longer run time for backup power use, has running gear and lift ring included) but it has Nema 120/240 14-60R , not the 6-50.

I guess I could make a cord with a 6-50 female and a 14-60 male, but I really don't want to do that. I wish I could find a good generator with about 10,000 W output, with a large capacity tank, and a 6-50 plug. Anybody know anything about the 14-60 60A receptacle and what it is commonly used for?

Don't over think it. If the larger generator will suit you better then go with it and make an adapter to the 6-50.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #142  
Mark,

What does shipping look like for an I-Mig 200 to the Seattle, Washington area? Also, what's the story on the 120/240V option?

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast
120/240 should be in next week, if all is as we have confirmed with the factory. Shipping with those units are usually 25.00

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #144  
120/240 should be in next week, if all is as we have confirmed with the factory. Shipping with those units are usually 25.00

Anything special which needs to be done to order the 120/240 version when placing my order online?

Call me and I will give you a special price for tbn and take the order. That's how I earn my keep. lol.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #147  
Call me and I will give you a special price for tbn and take the order. That's how I earn my keep. lol.

One more question Mark. I had been looking at the Millermatic 211. Would you consider the I-Mig 200 to be a comparable machine or should I be looking at a different size for comparison?

Thanks.

Yes...its about as close as you can come. We offer a little more duty cycle, and of course the stick weld function with arc force control with ours being an inverter. It will weigh about 30 lbs as well.

IF you are wanting just a little more punch, the straight 220-240V i-mig 205 will give more duty cycle, a little more amps, and have the capacity for a full 40lb size roll of welding wire.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #149  
Yes...its about as close as you can come. We offer a little more duty cycle, and of course the stick weld function with arc force control with ours being an inverter. It will weigh about 30 lbs as well.

IF you are wanting just a little more punch, the straight 220-240V i-mig 205 will give more duty cycle, a little more amps, and have the capacity for a full 40lb size roll of welding wire.

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that I was comparing apples to apples and not oranges.:laughing:

The 120V feature has more benefit to me than the additional capability of the straight 240 machine. Although 99% of my welding will be in the shop, the 1% that I need to do something in the field away from 240V power has appeal since I very seldom expect to need to weld anything over 1/8" thickness nor do I expect to spend hours on end running a continous bead.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #150  
Mark,
I understand that some MIG welders prefer a Miller, some a Lincoln, due in part to the difference in the arc and the bead they will lay down. From an arc/bead prospective, would you say your I-MIG-200 is closer to a similar rated Miller or to a Lincoln... or neither?

TIA