Everything attachments box blades

/ Everything attachments box blades #11  
In my 16 months experience pulling a 630 pound Rollover Box Blade behind my Kubota B3300SU/33-hp/1,900 pounds I agree with Travis at ETA.

I have about ten implements which mount on the 3-Pt hitch. It has taken me longer to master the ROBB than any of my other implements. Implement weight is CERTAINLY important but so is adjusting the top link to the optimum length for the blade to perform best for the descreet task you want the box blade to perform; with cutting and smoothing requiring different top link lengths.

Yup, I'm all to aware of the difference shortening the top link can make. I welded up a frame on top of my BB, added two stainless steel 55 gallon drums on their sides and plumbed it all together to make a zamboni for the rink. I forgot to check my angle at the beginning of the year. I wondered why I could feel the zamboni when pulling. Didn't take me long to see the 20' long, 6" deep ruts I was carving into the ice because I was tilted way to far forward and the sides were digging in. A 400 # BB + 1500 # of water will go though anything!

I'm mostly in clay, and while changing the angle of the box blade with the top link helps, it's not always enough. The DK45 weighs about 6500# with loaded tires. That's a lot of weight to be holding back with a 500lbs box blade. EA's is probably the nicest that size I've seen, and I'm sure it will do a great job.

/ Everything attachments box blades #12  
Ordered the EA today. May regret the lack of weight but will report back here on the results either way? Thanks
I am looking to order the same one, please keep us posted on how everything, from order to use, goes.
Thanks

/ Everything attachments box blades
I am looking to order the same one, please keep us posted on how everything, from order to use, goes.
Thanks

Truthfully, there is a vendor close that sells a LMC weighing over 500lbs for just over $600 which would have been a good combination of weight and price but he was out of 6 footers and said he orders them by the truckload and all he had was 5's and 7s. I'd have gone that route if available but he said he didn't know when he'd get another truckload. So, I've been watching Craigslist and other adds for over a year an now have to have one. I have several swells to cut down and a couple of ditches to cut, similar to he one Ted shows in his United video so I figure an American mistake is better than some of the other kinds if it doesn't turn out well. I'll let you know how it goes.
thanks
RJ

/ Everything attachments box blades #14  
If budget is the main concern for you guys who haven't purchased yet, then I recommend looking at used box blades. The good heavy duty ones don't come up nearly as often, but they do come up. I wouldn't waste the time and money on a lightweight box blade. It is true that design can help, but weight is the single most important factor with a box blade.
Most companies consider a 500lb 72" box blade to be fairly light duty (maybe medium?). True heavy duty box blades are close to double that amount. I'm not trying to knock EA, it's just that you have to be careful as a lot of the so called "heavy duty" implements are missing the "heavy" part of the name. Unfortunately, there is no standard classification throughout the industry. We see this a lot in rotary cutters as well, compare the "heavy duty" rotary cutters from some manufactures to the "heavy duty" from companies like Bush Hog and Brown Manufacturing. (even medium duty for that matter)

/ Everything attachments box blades #15  
I'm in the same boat as RJJR, I have been looking for a used box blade for a while and nothing has come up. I'm going with the EA heavier duty one, it weighs 815 lbs and is Cat II compatible.

96" Category I&II XTreme Duty Box Blade by Everything Attachments

Deerherd said:
I'm in the same boat as RJJR, I have been looking for a used box blade for a while and nothing has come up. I'm going with the EA heavier duty one, it weighs 815 lbs and is Cat II compatible.

96" Category I&II XTreme Duty Box Blade by Everything Attachments

What size is you tractor? Mine is 45 HP and the Cat. 2 stuff looks to start at 50hp according to the ads. Wonder if I'd have trouble with it. I have 4WD and I pull a 1000 lb bush hog but that's not like cutting new dirt. Thoughts?

/ Everything attachments box blades #17  
I wouldn't try pulling a 96" with my DK50SE. 84 would be the biggest I would attempt...

/ Everything attachments box blades #18  
What size is you tractor? Mine is 45 HP and the Cat. 2 stuff looks to start at 50hp according to the ads. Wonder if I'd have trouble with it. I have 4WD and I pull a 1000 lb bush hog but that's not like cutting new dirt. Thoughts?

My tractor is 88 hp and has a 90" width so I'm going with the 96". They make the "severe extreme" box blade starting at 72" and they are QH compatible. I would think the extra 160 lbs wouldn't make that much of a difference, 475 lbs vs 635 lbs and your tractors ability to pull it. Not sure if the price difference is worth it to you either.

/ Everything attachments box blades #19  
Ordered the EA today. May regret the lack of weight but will report back here on the results either way? Thanks

Did you ever get the EA Box Blade or are you still waiting?

Did you ever get the EA Box Blade or are you still waiting?

I did get it. The shipping time wasn't as quick as some. I didn't look exactly but it was about 3 weeks or better. I know some people have complained theirs came in skint up but I didn't have that problem. It looked fine. However, every bolt on the bottom that holds the blades in place was loose. I had to put a wrench on all of them and got a couple of turns on them. Unfortunately, I can't tell you how it works yet. I've been out of town and came back today to use it and it appears the switch on my tractor is bad. Only 110 hours on it. So the tractor, hooked to the box blade is under my shelter where I parked it after hooking to it the day they delivered it. I'll provide an update once I get to put it to work. I have some swells to cut down and I'll let folks know how it works considering its weight. For those who advised on buying used I'll just say I tried for 9 months and they are scare in these parts or they are ragged and folks want $500 and up for them.
thanks