Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler
Thanks for the compliments.

Getting the two pieces to fit together isn't that hard. However, don't expect it to be welded together soon, there's a lot of rust repair to the cab corners and floor supports I plan to deal with first, while its easy to lay the extended cab section on its back for easy access.

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #112  
Absolutely amazing what some guys can do. You are an inspiration to our little piece of the world.

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #113  
Very cool. Living where rust is common one of the first things I noticed was the corrosion at the bottom of the red section.

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #114  
This inspires me, might actually start working in shop again this winter.. Thanks for sharing!

Very cool. Living where rust is common one of the first things I noticed was the corrosion at the bottom of the red section.

Both cabs I'm working with have alot more rust than I wanted to deal with, but when you're on a budget of nearly $0, you make do with what skills you're blessed with and make do. I'm hoping to use some powerful rust conversion/encapsulation/neutralizing products on some of it, and repair the worst by cutting out the bad and welding in good. I've done it before, for a friend/former employer... but I also had 40 hours a week to focus on it, all the materials I needed on hand, and it still took 2 months to do floor repairs, rockers and cab corners on a similar truck.

After spending most of the day on yard work yesterday, I did manage to get about an hour to spend on the truck project. I trimmed the last bits of floor/rocker panel interference out, and had the back section close as I can get going by a tape measure. I still need to trim the roof skins to match, but I'm going to need the back doors in place for final fit and placement. Which means swapping doors, as the ones I will use on this project are currently in use on my daily driver.

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #117  
Both cabs I'm working with have alot more rust than I wanted to deal with, but when you're on a budget of nearly $0, you make do with what skills you're blessed with and make do. I'm hoping to use some powerful rust conversion/encapsulation/neutralizing products on some of it, and repair the worst by cutting out the bad and welding in good. I've done it before, for a friend/former employer... but I also had 40 hours a week to focus on it, all the materials I needed on hand, and it still took 2 months to do floor repairs, rockers and cab corners on a similar truck.

True enough and I remember that thread.

Mike, that was a great experience. Bummer about that thread, and others, is the loss of pictures due to the photobucket change of policy, no longer allowing 3rd party display of pictures.

Other bummer is that truck got stripped out, that cab is sitting on blocks behind my buddy's shop. I'm hoping I can get my hands on it someday, if I can offer him a fair price for it.

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #119  
My truck is sitting due to the fuel bowl drain leak thing. Waiting for new blue gaskets in the mail. I am glad my project is simple compared to yours. Keep up the good work you serve as a good inspiration.

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #120  
Mike, that was a great experience. Bummer about that thread, and others, is the loss of pictures due to the photobucket change of policy, no longer allowing 3rd party display of pictures.

Other bummer is that truck got stripped out, that cab is sitting on blocks behind my buddy's shop. I'm hoping I can get my hands on it someday, if I can offer him a fair price for it.

Yeah, stinks when you put that much work into something and it sits. Honed the skills for this beast though. :)