f 2690

/ f 2690 #21  
The one F3080 I sold was because it had side discharge deck, hated (hate) side discharge decks. Like rear discharge deck due to less windrowing, being able to get close on either side, grass doesn't blow all over me in slight breeze or strong wind, don't have to watch where "stuff" on one siding is blowing/shooting to. Grass does blow/collect under the F but a cheap electric grass blower will blow it away after mowing.

John

If the 3080 you're referencing to was the one I bought from you, it was a rear discharge deck.

Per rear vs side discharge, I kept my other zero turn when I bought the Kubota, and absolutely love the rear discharge over the side discharge. Grass clippings do accumulate under the mower a lot more than a side discharge, but 3 minutes with the leaf blower after a good mowing makes the machine look pretty much brand new.

My only complaint with the F series is if you have a lot of low hanging trees, even with the front deck, it can be difficult to get into "tighter low hanging" areas because you're sitting up so high off the mower. That said, out it the "open" or on hills, the F really shines. I've got about 55 trees and bushes spaced out in front of the house, and I use my smaller zero turn around those as I can mow a lot quicker than with the F. That said, if I could only have one mower for everything around the house, it would be the F.

Had a guy come out to look at dropping about 20 ton of stone for my one creek bed, and he asked me what tractor I used to mow out there. The F works wonders in a open field and hills hands down.

/ f 2690 #22  
John

If the 3080 you're referencing to was the one I bought from you, it was a rear discharge deck.

Per rear vs side discharge, I kept my other zero turn when I bought the Kubota, and absolutely love the rear discharge over the side discharge. Grass clippings do accumulate under the mower a lot more than a side discharge, but 3 minutes with the leaf blower after a good mowing makes the machine look pretty much brand new.

My only complaint with the F series is if you have a lot of low hanging trees, even with the front deck, it can be difficult to get into "tighter low hanging" areas because you're sitting up so high off the mower. That said, out it the "open" or on hills, the F really shines. I've got about 55 trees and bushes spaced out in front of the house, and I use my smaller zero turn around those as I can mow a lot quicker than with the F. That said, if I could only have one mower for everything around the house, it would be the F.

Had a guy come out to look at dropping about 20 ton of stone for my one creek bed, and he asked me what tractor I used to mow out there. The F works wonders in a open field and hills hands down.

The reason I sold you the mower was because I bought the F with a side discharge (Thinking maybe I was wrong about side discharge) and hated it so was selling it to buy another one with rear discharge. Barlows had my first F with the rear discharge and it was a 60" RD instead of the new 72" SD. You decided you preferred the 60" vs the 72" and the decks were traded. I bought another F3080, which I still have with a 72" RD. Now as Paul Harvey used to say about The rest of the story..........I bought that F back from Barlows which had the new 72" SD deck on it so I still ended up with the SD deck for awhile until I traded that F2680e to a ZD326.:eek::D:laughing::cool2: Did finally get rid of that SD deck and demanded a rear discharge deck on the ZD326 against Barlows recommendations and never regretted the RD deck!!!

/ f 2690 #23  
I foam (Canned insulation foam) filled one of my cut tires and got a mowing season out of it. It's still on but falling apart.:D
How did that work out? The tires on my finish mower continually go flat. I had to replace the tire on the F-2560, but the rim still wears the scars.

/ f 2690 #24  
How did that work out? The tires on my finish mower continually go flat. I had to replace the tire on the F-2560, but the rim still wears the scars.

I'm very satisfied with the results. I squirted the foam in thru the tears/cuts in the tire and where it came out I just wiped it off with a stick or something and after running for awhile the bit that had escaped the tire was worn off and no one but me would have even known what I did. I have a new tire which I may mount and fill it with the foam to never worry again about pushing the tire off the rim while doing my thru the ditch mowing using the front tires as land leveling/grader blading tools.:D

/ f 2690
Well....they got the cruise control fixed. Mowed about 6 hours Friday and everything was really good. Plenty of power I must say. Nice smooth cut. I set it for 1 inch according to the deck instructions, but it is higher than that, but still low enough for a great looking cut. No complaints here. I've got to figure out how to bypass the seat cut-off switch...anyone tell me how to do that?

/ f 2690 #26  
I know I'm in the minority....but I have my mower set at 4".....don't like cut real short.

/ f 2690 #27  
I know I'm in the minority....but I have my mower set at 4".....don't like cut real short.

Me neither. It's rare I cut lower than 3".

/ f 2690
The short cut works great for the areas I cut. Much higher than that it just doesn't look groomed to me. But, that's why they make Fords and Chevrolets...to each his own! This is a great mower! I just have to figure out how to bypass the seat cutoff switch. That is a real pain in the butt.

/ f 2690 #29  
The short cut works great for the areas I cut. Much higher than that it just doesn't look groomed to me. But, that's why they make Fords and Chevrolets...to each his own! This is a great mower! I just have to figure out how to bypass the seat cutoff switch. That is a real pain in the butt.

Why do you want to by-pass the seat switch. How is it bothering you?

/ f 2690
When I get off the tractor to pick up trash, etc. I have to disengage the pto and put on the emergency brake. When mowing the soccer fields at church that was about 20 times.
Way too much trouble. I did it on my old MC35 New Holland (also a front mount mower like this one) and it makes a huge difference.

way