F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers #81  
Great. This is why I stay away from hi hour eqpt.

Oh heck no. It was a LOW hour machine. Looked new when I bought it.
It broke in first 10 minutes of use.

Dealer fixed it at no charge.

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers #82  
I am curious about F handling rough ground better since I have a pasture that's a bit rough and will have more semi-rough yard to mow later this year.

What is you opinion please - is it due to longer wheelbase, seat suspension, tire/wheel size or?

Tractor with a 5' side slicer flail mower is my backup mower for the rough areas.
It cuts pretty good and can mow at fairly high speed on rough ground, but leaves ag tire marks when the ground is soft.
Combination of longer wheelbase, counting the front desk wheels, and aftermarket seat the previous owner put on it.

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers #83  
I just ran both mine yesterday for 8 hours.
I prefer the zero turn over the F for both speed and ride comfort

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers #84  
As I understand many newer F models no longer have a separate under the seat spring suspension, like some older models did.

Old:
F3060.jpg

New:
F3680.jpg

Solution to either:
MSG 85 Series.jpg

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers #85  
My 2880 that I just bought used from my Kubota dealer (he took it on trade and supplied the customer with a new one), came with an air ride seat base and has a Grammer seat as well (not swivel). I'm good with that and I'd retrofit any mower with at least a spring ride (prefer air ride) seat as SOP. Why I traded my CC M60 tank in as well. ZTR's are noted for punishing ride and at my age (74), I don't need or want a Kidney basher. Of course mine will stay inside (the barn) when not in use, just like both my tractors and all my implements do. Nothing ever stays outside in the elements.

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers
Is John Thomas still posting here on F series ?

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers #87  
Is John Thomas still posting here on F series ?

I think not lately - looks like he's most recent post was in Kubota Owning/Operating on July 23, 2023

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers #88  
Understandable. Between thread drift from the original subject and snarky comments that have nothing to do with the original subject, I too get frustrated some on the posts, comments and don't post anything more.

I tend to go to private messages when I have a comment that is about a post that is actually germane to the subject.

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers #89  
Arto, I'm curious about your Grasshopper, the renter next door has one but his is gas driven. They appear to to a good job cutting grass, is yours as efficient? I believe his is all belt driven not like the driveshaft on the Kubota PTO. I know when he engages the mower deck it always screams so I assume it's belt driven...

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers #90  
Arto, I'm curious about your Grasshopper, the renter next door has one but his is gas driven. They appear to to a good job cutting grass, is yours as efficient? I believe his is all belt driven not like the driveshaft on the Kubota PTO. I know when he engages the mower deck it always screams so I assume it's belt driven...

Daryl,
It's very fuel efficient and does a good job in mowing! Reach under fruit trees is way better than Kubota F due to lot lower seating.

Mine is Diesel and the 5' deck is shaft driven, but there are belts from the back of the engine to the PTO clutch, which is electric and screeches a little when it's engaged so it's a good practice to have engine at reasonably low RPM when turning the deck on.

It has a mulch deck without any visible outlet so it requires quite bit of power in tall grass and does an excellent job mulching grass, leaves etc.

I personally will not buy a gasoline mower due to fuel consumption and potential fire hazard when parking in the barn after mowing.

It's good to have a spare mower so I will keep both!