Fantasy BX Additions

/ Fantasy BX Additions #1  

megaboz

Platinum Member
Tractor
'17 2032r (soon)
While reading another post, theat mention All Wheel Steer on a BX, I almost hijacked the post by accident. :eek: Buth then thought I would just start a new one.

So, with that, what would be your faorite addition to your BX?

My favorite idea comes from mowing my yard that mostly a hill side. While it is safer to cut up and down it, I find myself finding out just how steep I can push it sideways. So far I have kept at least on two wheels.:D It is surprising how much force one has in their butt cheeks.

One of my ideas, although rather simple, would be a bretty neat feature. A sliding weight that could slide about 50 or a 100 lbs through the bottom of the deck from side to side to help keep from flipping the tractor over.

/ Fantasy BX Additions #2  
How about a hydraulic cylinder on the ROPS hooked up to the [optional] auxiliary hydraulics, so when I back out of the garage, I don't have to get off to put the ROPS up. Man, I'm sounding pretty lazy. :rolleyes:

/ Fantasy BX Additions #3  
Low HST fluid warning light. Of course a parking brake light.
A toolbox. Tilt meter. FEL lighting. 12v dash mount outlet. 12v rear outlet (switched from dash).
Protective cover for the soft white underbelly. Better grill guard. Longer warranty.
Oh, and a couple RPG's for the neighborhood varmints. Make that 8 RPG's.

/ Fantasy BX Additions #4  
Well it is not really a fantasy addition but would like to see hydostat cooling fan better protection as standard equipment. I think you can get aftermarket skidplate but am not sure if it fits with MMM attached. Anybody know? Was changing fuel filters and noticed mine was a blade shy. Don't know how hard fan is to replace. Hate to get dealership involved, plus they'd have to pickup and return, ouch!!! Had problem couple of months ago with engine stop solenoid, engine would start but would die as soon as you released key from start position. See ya, jody in AR.

/ Fantasy BX Additions #5  
Auxiliary/extra hydraulics on the backhoe, a little longer reach for the backhoe, quick coupler for the frontloader with extra options such pallet forks, bale spear etc (+ bit bit stronger FEL) More punch in the hydraulic system for operating the backhoe.

/ Fantasy BX Additions #7  
How about a hydraulic cylinder on the ROPS hooked up to the [optional] auxiliary hydraulics, so when I back out of the garage, I don't have to get off to put the ROPS up. Man, I'm sounding pretty lazy. :rolleyes:

Hydraulics is overkill for a ROPS raise & lower.... what you need is an electric (12V) linear actuator. You should be able to put something together for less than $150. Cool idea!:)

/ Fantasy BX Additions #8  
Hydraulics is overkill for a ROPS raise & lower.... what you need is an electric (12V) linear actuator. You should be able to put something together for less than $150. Cool idea!:)

Fabricating some mechanism that raises and lowers the ROPS should be pretty easy. I suspect that the challenge is in designing it to then withstand a roll over. It would have to still have some proper locking mechanism.

I can see the lawyers getting fussy over this one.

I'm probably out of line here since this is the Fantasy BX Additions thread.

How about a rubber tracked BX?

/ Fantasy BX Additions #9  
If I made something to raise the ROPS, I'd still use the pins. But honestly, if I'm too lazy to get off and lift the ROPS, I don't deserve the tractor. :)

A few other things I'd like:

• A dash display that isn't embarrassing
  • An HST temperature gauge easily viewable from driving and backhoe'ing positions
  • Disc turning brakes
  • A cup holder with a smaller opening for draining