Farewell to Tetter Dog

/ Farewell to Tetter Dog #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
This morning the best loved dog on the planet passed away during surgery. I was present when the surgeon discovered Tetley's cancer had spread from his spleen to his liver. Faced with the prospect of having him in failing health for the next couple of weeks before losing him, I made the heart-wrenching decision to let him slip away while I whispered in his ear how much I loved him, and what a great ride the two of us had for the past seven years.

I've just come in from the family graveyard, where he has been buried among five generations of Vermonters. I'm wavering between crushing grief and numb despair right now. All I'm sure of at this point is when my time comes I want to go where he went.

Thanks to all for your wonderful support. Bless you all! pb

/ Farewell to Tetter Dog #2  
All I can say it time will heal. My former female Akita was, in every sense, my soulmate in a dog form. She too slipped into the long goodnight during surgery when they found bladder cancer had spread beyond all hope. My thoughts are with you.

/ Farewell to Tetter Dog #3  
My sympathy to you. It is always hard to lose a good friend, whether it has 2 legs or 4.

Ben

/ Farewell to Tetter Dog #4  
You two enjoyed some of the pinnacles of human emotion, from the beginning to the end. I'm sure he trusts your decision as it is the best that you could humanly due for him.

Peace.

/ Farewell to Tetter Dog #5  
Pete,

I am so sorry. At least you know he went in peace without the suffering. And he was fortunate that he had someone who cared enough to make sure that would be the case. You are lucky you were able to spend his last moments with him. He will always be a part of you.

Take care,

Gary

/ Farewell to Tetter Dog #6  
Fond memories of great times with your best friend will get you through till you two have a chance to play again in the next life. And just like every other time, he will be waiting patiently with a wag just for you! Just be sure to bring a treat.

Sorry for your loss.

/ Farewell to Tetter Dog #7  
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I understand what you are going through. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Farewell to Tetter Dog #8  
Pete,

Tetley is very fortunate to have such compassionate human providers.

In loving memory....(attachment)

Don

Attachments

• 722290-Golden Retriever Tetley.JPG
    722290-Golden Retriever Tetley.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 189
   / Farewell to Tetter Dog #9  
<font color="blue"> when my time comes I want to go where he went. </font>

Pete, you will my friend.....there's the Rainbow Bridge.
My condolences.