Fast Internet

/ Fast Internet #41  
My wife worked for the rural telephone co op and they saw the writing on the wall of old fashioned phone service dying out and got into fiber optic and the internet. We’ve had fiber optic for several years now. My wife retired but my son works for them now and we have 1 gig now at no cost. One of the benefits of working there.

/ Fast Internet #42  
If you city or provider isn't getting you fiber now it's because they don't care. Federal government is paying for it if they apply for the grants.
The Federal Government is paying for it? Who do you think they are? Smh

/ Fast Internet #43  
The Federal Government is paying for it? Who do you think they are? Smh
Lol. I know what you mean but suspect you also know what I mean. We rural people would have gotten electricity, telephone lines and now decent internet in a timely matter or maybe at all if it was for federal government programs. SMH.

/ Fast Internet #45  
It is about many things, but tell that to all the people now getting fiber that had been using Hughes net. Lol. Isn't it the government that pays a school economics teacher their salary?

/ Fast Internet #46  
If it were up to me, the government would get out of the education business. They are very bad at it. If there is a public interest in education, it would be better if the government simply subsidized tuition for the poor and allowed everyone to choose from private schools. Private schools do more with less (on average).

It is basic economics, competition drives down cost, especially overhead. The public school is bloated with so many needless adminstators and 'electives' that they are hemorrhaging money. I've seen both public and private 1st hand as a student, parent and a teacher. For every good public school teacher, there are 3 who need to be terminated. Government didn't invent schools, they copied the idea from churches.

/ Fast Internet #47  
I looked it up today, and it appears they were taking applications in 2022 as part of some COVID bill. The map says our area was in 2 of the eligible type places for federal grants. I don't think any were applied for around here. I know we will still pay for it somewhere.

/ Fast Internet #48  
It is about many things, but tell that to all the people now getting fiber that had been using Hughes net. Lol. Isn't it the government that pays a school economics teacher their salary?
"It is about many things" ... like Internet of Things (IoT).

The government is paying for it because the government needs it.

/ Fast Internet #49  
"It is about many things" ... like Internet of Things (IoT).

The government is paying for it because the government needs it.
Says the people who have a internet connection posting on a tractor forum on the internet.

/ Fast Internet #50  
Lots of rural people got electricity from rural electric cooperatives.

Don't drink the koolaid, government is not the solution to your problems. Government is the problem.
Our electric co-op put fiber in here. They also got assistance from the government.