Feguson TO30

/ Feguson TO30
Sorry to not explain a little better............did all the checks Jerry suggested. No visible leaks at the lift, pump, or stand pipe.

Can't explain it, but when the PTO is engaged, the control fork will not move either manually or by the control lever. Like something is bound up in this area.............

/ Feguson TO30 #52  
move it then engage the pto.. just for kicks.

if pressure is binding it.. I'm thinking the valving is plugged up or stuck in it's bushing..

/ Feguson TO30 #53  
Sorry to not explain a little better............did all the checks Jerry suggested. No visible leaks at the lift, pump, or stand pipe.

Can't explain it, but when the PTO is engaged, the control fork will not move either manually or by the control lever. Like something is bound up in this area.............

Did the lift raise when you pushed the control vave forward then started up the tractor and engaged the pto?

/ Feguson TO30
The lift did not raise........if you will recall back to the beginning, this chat started because when the PTO was engaged, the lift came up all by itself regardless of the position of the control lever...........I did notice though that where the control valve hooks to the 'T' it is bent upward.....is this normal or should it be straight? This may be preventing the control valve from funtioning properly.........

/ Feguson TO30 #55  
The lift did not raise........if you will recall back to the beginning, this chat started because when the PTO was engaged, the lift came up all by itself regardless of the position of the control lever...........I did notice though that where the control valve hooks to the 'T' it is bent upward.....is this normal or should it be straight? This may be preventing the control valve from funtioning properly.........

The control valve stem should be straight, not bent. Sounds like you have a damaged control valve. Where you able to push the control valve forward and have the lift raise when you started the tractor with the pto engaged?

Does it look like someone tried to remove the lift cover? The control fork and the control spring fork both basically move fore and aft( the conrol fork actually pivots so there is some vertical movement but the valve stem also pivots so it won't bend the stem.) The way the linkage is designed there is no way for the control valve stem to be pulled upward except by pulling the lift cover up. People often try to remove the lift cover without following the shop manual instructions.

Last edited:
   / Feguson TO30 #56  
i agree.. some one likely tried to remov ehte lift cover without seperating the ford from the valve.. and bent it. it may be binding.

I too would like to know, if manually moved into positin then started with pto engagfed, if the lift comes up.

soundguy

/ Feguson TO30
Yes, the lift did work correctly when the control valve was manually moved into position. I have already ordered a new control valve and I think that while I am in there, I am going to replace the relief valve as well along with some gaskets. Once all is put back together, I will let you know the final outcome. Thanks for the help guys!!

/ Feguson TO30 #58  
take the pump apart and clean it.. migth be full of grit sticking the valve.

/ Feguson TO30 #59  
Yes, the lift did work correctly when the control valve was manually moved into position. I have already ordered a new control valve and I think that while I am in there, I am going to replace the relief valve as well along with some gaskets. Once all is put back together, I will let you know the final outcome. Thanks for the help guys!!

Your did the right thing in ordering the control valve. It sounds like the pump is OK. Good luck on the rest of the job. You will have to pull the pump to replace the control valve.

/ Feguson TO30
Final chapter.........to make a long story short, when pulling the pump to replace the damaged control valve and install a new relief for good measure, something just did not look right with the control arm. Not sure what the correct terms are, but on the control arm pivots at two points on each side of the drive shaft. Like I said, something did not look right so I went to shop manual and sure enough, the control arm had been reinstalled (by someone other than me) backwards. There are two stops that need to go on the back side of the control linkage, not the front as is indicated in the shop manual. Got her buttoned back up, filled with fluid, attached the box blade...................good power!!!! I feel like I can lift the Empire State Building!! Thank you for all of your suggestions and advice. Happy tractoring!