Feguson TO30

/ Feguson TO30 #41  
yep.. deciding factor is what it does with him manually controlling the intake / exhaust valve linkage.

soundguy

/ Feguson TO30
Had a buddy of mine give me a shop manual this afternoon. Plan is to print off the last couple of posts on this site, sit down with the tractor and have a serious talk!

One other note, I talked to the guy that I bought it from off of craigslist and he indicated to me that the lift worked great until we had that snap of REALLY cold weather here in central Oklahoma, low teens to be exact. He was plowing snow with the box blade when the lift quite working. Would that give me any clues?? The inside of the compartment is really clean! It appears that it has been really taken good care of!

I will let you know what I find out. Thank you for the help!!

/ Feguson TO30 #43  
if water had been allowed to freeze in it it could have cracked the pump.. not sure that's possible while it's running.. too much friction and the oil would be warm.

If the control valve is moving full range.. my next guess is a relief issue, and / or a plugged exhaust valve.

next would be bad pump pistons and chambers.. IE.. wore out..e tc.

soundguy

/ Feguson TO30
I have been looking through the shop manual and I am not seeing anything about an exhaust valve. Is it part of the pump? Is it call something else? How bout the linkage? Is it called something else?

/ Feguson TO30 #45  
of course it's part of the pump :)

the pump is it's own self contained unit with a control linkage in the front. it has an intake and oil exhaust port as well as a pressureized output in the corner of the base plate.

the shop manual SHOULD have a fluid circuit diagram and a exploded view of the lift parts as well as the pump. the parts manual sure has the exploded diagram etc.

soundguy

/ Feguson TO30 #46  
Had a buddy of mine give me a shop manual this afternoon. Plan is to print off the last couple of posts on this site, sit down with the tractor and have a serious talk!

One other note, I talked to the guy that I bought it from off of craigslist and he indicated to me that the lift worked great until we had that snap of REALLY cold weather here in central Oklahoma, low teens to be exact. He was plowing snow with the box blade when the lift quite working. Would that give me any clues?? The inside of the compartment is really clean! It appears that it has been really taken good care of!

I will let you know what I find out. Thank you for the help!!

If there was water in the oil and it got below freezing, it's possible for the waterto freeze and cause a problem. But you would generally see some leakag e coming out of cracks, etc. But if the tractor was working when the lift failed I doubt it had anything to do with freezing. If you do the tests I've outlined and the pump checks out, then your linkage is the problem. If the pump doesn't lift with the valve manually placed in the lift position, then its pump/control valve problem.

/ Feguson TO30 #47  
I have been looking through the shop manual and I am not seeing anything about an exhaust valve. Is it part of the pump? Is it call something else? How bout the linkage? Is it called something else?

The exhaust port is opened and closed by the control valve as is the lift port. It internal to the pump.

The linkage consists of the external control spring and it's associated internal fork which is almost horizontal and is pinned to the vertical control fork There is a spring that attaches to the vertical control fork and the lift cylinder. The vertical control fork is hinged about a third of the way from the top. The lower end of the control fork has sockets and these sockets should be on the arms of the "T" of the control valve stem. I hope that gives you an idea of what you should be seeing.

/ Feguson TO30
Today's observations...........if we are talking about the same thing, I believe that it is a linkage issue. Had the tractor running with the PTO engaged, and again, no visible leaks.........I did notice though that the control fork would NOT move with the PTO engaged. It did move freely without the PTO engaged. Wht do you think??

/ Feguson TO30 #49  
Today's observations...........if we are talking about the same thing, I believe that it is a linkage issue. Had the tractor running with the PTO engaged, and again, no visible leaks.........I did notice though that the control fork would NOT move with the PTO engaged. It did move freely without the PTO engaged. Wht do you think??

The linkage should be unaffected by pto operation.

I presume you checked the front vertical pipe that supplies the lift cylinder and it had no leaks. Did you do the checks I asked you to do? What were the results?

/ Feguson TO30 #50  
yep.. we need to know what happens when the control valve is manually manipulated... move back, then start up.. observe.. etc..

soundguy