FEL how long 'should' bucked remain up when parked?

/ FEL how long 'should' bucked remain up when parked? #11  
My 1980 Versatile 150 barely drops at all. I have had it parks for two weeks with the bucket up a couple of feet and didn't notice any sag.

My Ford 770B loader used to be like that but about 5 years ago the valve started leaking a little and it will sink overnight. It is leaking bad enough now that I am going to go through it this winter.

/ FEL how long 'should' bucked remain up when parked? #12  
I honestly have never tried this. I always park with the bucket on the ground and the joystick "wobbled" to relieve any pressure.

Just wanted to see how long it will stay 2 feet of the floor. Wish my rear remotes were that tight.

/ FEL how long 'should' bucked remain up when parked? #13  
My loader would take a few days to touch the ground. My backhoe from the same height would touch in a couple hours.

/ FEL how long 'should' bucked remain up when parked? #14  
If the rod is entering the cylinder during the drop,,,
only a leak inside the valve can allow that to occur.

With a backhoe, where the rod is coming out of the cylinder,
the culprit can be the cylinder,,, or the valve, or both!! :confused2:

/ FEL how long 'should' bucked remain up when parked? #15  
We normally lower the FEL, but they have stayed up overnight to keep animals away from a deer to let it cool.

/ FEL how long 'should' bucked remain up when parked?
Thanks for the replies. Personally I think it's a safety issue and always put it on the ground but when I needed to leave it up one night I came back the next day and saw it had dropped maybe 16" in about 8 hours. So I wondered if this was normal. I may put it up about 6' and measureally it over time to see how long to bottom out and see what the dealer says. We have a local Branson dealer the raises em high and leaves them there and they don't appear to move...

/ FEL how long 'should' bucked remain up when parked? #17  
Thanks for the replies. Personally I think it's a safety issue and always put it on the ground but when I needed to leave it up one night I came back the next day and saw it had dropped maybe 16" in about 8 hours. So I wondered if this was normal. I may put it up about 6' and measureally it over time to see how long to bottom out and see what the dealer says. We have a local Branson dealer the raises em high and leaves them there and they don't appear to move...
Completely normal.
At work we have a 2016 cab skid steer.
It needed new tires, one of the guys jacked the back tires off the ground to remove them. The front he just used the boom/bucket to lift the front end.
The cab door was open, by the time he returned from getting the new tires mounted (an hour or 2) the boom had drifted and the loader had hit the open door and blew the glass out.

Last edited:
   / FEL how long 'should' bucked remain up when parked? #18  
I owned two Yale forklifts for over a decade.

Yale truck components are a little higher quality than tractor parts.
The trucks were old, I paid $3,500 each for them,,, O L D !!

Either forklift could hold the front of my 2500 Silverado off the ground indefinitely,, I have had it up all day with no lowering.

The smaller truck was right at its lifting rating, 3,000 pounds,
the larger truck was rated at 5,000 pounds.

Both trucks had over 5,000 hours on them when I bought them.

/ FEL how long 'should' bucked remain up when parked? #19  
   / FEL how long 'should' bucked remain up when parked? #20  
We normally lower the FEL, but they have stayed up overnight to keep animals away from a deer to let it cool.

That's totally Redneck!!! :)