FEL Hydraulics Just Died

/ FEL Hydraulics Just Died #61  
All the factory manuals for the T603 are available for download here:

Jordan Sales, in Post Falls Idaho, seems to have the largest stock of spares of any of the dealers, and will drop ship to you if they need to order from TYM. At least they did when I ordered he rear hydraulics kit for my tractor from them.

The TYM part number for things from outside sources, at least on my T233, is the subsystem manufacturers part number with some numbers on the front. I‘m guessing it is similar to the old Sears scheme. Where the manufacture code was the first three characters, and the rest of the part number was the actual manufacturer’s number for the part. Example, the Craftsam Table saws were made by Emerson Electric, whose manufacturer code for Sears was 103. So all the part numbers for the saws started with 103.

If I drop the first three numbers from the TYM part number for things related to the Mitsubishi engine in mine, I can successfully find the Mitsubishi parts online. Typically for less than the TYM Dealers want, if they can get them.
Jordan sales also takes care of my kioti. Great batch of people.

/ FEL Hydraulics Just Died
@ptsg

I have the service manual for the TYM T603. I have found no mention of this 3024CT PTO gear as the manual doesn't really cover the engine internals, etc.
I have a parts manual for the TYM T603. I have found a picture of the gear and bearing however I'm not seeing any part #s for these items (or for any items in this parts manual... I usually have to use the pictures & numbers and give this to my dealer for them to figure out the part #s). Also, the drawing is not really correct regarding the gear itself (screengrab attached).

Where/what method did you use to find the TYM part # for the gear?

The link you gave does seem to visually be the correct parts except the drawing doesn't do a very good job of showing the teeth on the gear. The drawing shows teeth perpindicular to the gear and the real gear has teeth that are slightly at an angle to the gear face (not sure what the angle is).

Thanks again.

Attachments

• hydraulics_pump_gear_T603_parts_manual_01.jpg
    hydraulics_pump_gear_T603_parts_manual_01.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
   / FEL Hydraulics Just Died #63  
@ptsg

I have the service manual for the TYM T603. I have found no mention of this 3024CT PTO gear as the manual doesn't really cover the engine internals, etc.
I have a parts manual for the TYM T603. I have found a picture of the gear and bearing however I'm not seeing any part #s for these items (or for any items in this parts manual... I usually have to use the pictures & numbers and give this to my dealer for them to figure out the part #s). Also, the drawing is not really correct regarding the gear itself (screengrab attached).

Where/what method did you use to find the TYM part # for the gear?

The link you gave does seem to visually be the correct parts except the drawing doesn't do a very good job of showing the teeth on the gear. The drawing shows teeth perpindicular to the gear and the real gear has teeth that are slightly at an angle to the gear face (not sure what the angle is).

Thanks again.
That parts catalogue for that tractor seems that it was put together in completely crazy way. They show the parts diagram for the engine in the beginning but then you have to scroll all the way down to get the list of what is what.

Basically, you take note of that number on the upper left corner of the image shared, which is FIG 108. Then scroll all the way down on the parts catalogue and look for the Fig 108 on that list. By then you can see the actual parts list that should be under the page you showed in the first place.

Hopefully it made some sort of sense. By the way, they call it: "Gear, pump"

Thank you very much for that explanation on the parts numbers/list!

Attached is an image showing the gear teeth angle.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• hydraulic_main_pump_gear_01_small.jpg
    hydraulic_main_pump_gear_01_small.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 91
   / FEL Hydraulics Just Died #65  
Thank you very much for that explanation on the parts numbers/list!

Attached is an image showing the gear teeth angle.

Thanks again.
No worries.

Too bad they didn't add a picture of the gear on the website. That would clarify the teeth situation. On the other hand, the drawing on the website may not be accurate even though it should.

/ FEL Hydraulics Just Died #66  
The gear teeth at an angle are called helical gears.

There isnt too many gears on anything that are straight cut anymore. Straight cut gears are noisy.

Ever drive a manual trans car? Reverse is usually a straight cut gear due to the sliding engagement method. Notice how you hear gear whine when in reverse but not any of the forward gears.....thats because forward gears are helical cut.

@LD1

Thanks for that gear explanation. Now I understand why my truck whines when backing up!

Thanks again.

/ FEL Hydraulics Just Died #68  
mmranch, I'm not going to be much help on the hydraulic issue but this might help with the bearings. Way back in the late 70's I was stationed in Spain and I shipped a 1955 Chevy over. It so happened that a rear wheel bearing went out on it. The base auto service center said they could order the part from the states but the store manager gave me the address of a bearing supply store in Madrid. I went there with the old bearing and the lady said she could cross reference any bearing as long as the numbers weren't written in something like oriental writing. Along the edge of the bearing race she found the number, looked in a catalog and took off to the back. Next thing I know she's coming out with bearing in hand. They even had the individual balls for bearings that looked to be 10 inches or so in diameter. Maybe you can get that number off the bearing and find it through a supply source in the US. Good job finding the problem by the way.......Don

An update...

I've ordered various parts and we'll see when I get them and if they are correct. (Who knows how long this is gonna take). Drive gear from CAT, pumps from TYM, bearings, seals, etc.

I've taken apart the main pump and all looks good except the worn splines on the main gear shaft. If I had a new main gear shaft with good splines, I could reassemble and the pump would probably work fine. I've reached out to several machinists in my area but none want to/can do the job.

Attached is an image of the main gear shaft.

Now I'm in wait mode.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• tractor_hydraulics_fail_24_dimensions_small.jpg
    tractor_hydraulics_fail_24_dimensions_small.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 72
   / FEL Hydraulics Just Died #70  
Mike T
Typically the gears in pump are replaced in pairs since they wear in. If you replace just one gear it may wear in or wear out both gears.